Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockport -Saturday's Choice
I think I will try Rockport on Sat. Close to home and the fishing reports are still looking good. Does anyone know how much snow is on the ice now? My three wheeler will only navigate in 4" or less of powder, so it will stay home if the snow is any deeper.[mad][mad] Anyone else going to be there? I am going to try closer to the dam this trip. DKSRenegade
[signature]
My son and I will be up. I hope the crowds have thinned out some. We'll be with a barking dog.
[signature]
I plan to go Sunday with my kid. Would you be so kind to give us a report as to conditions, tackle, location, time, temp, and shoot, get me some fish since I am asking for everything??

Good luck and let this dummy know how it was!!
[signature]
[Smile]Rockport ROCKED [Smile]I fished about 1000 yards north of the ramp about 100 yards out from the east shore. I was in 27' of water. Never had to move to another spot.
I was fishing right on the bottom with two different double lure set ups. One was a green Whata Cricket [that I picked up at Hooked] with a large Rat Finkie above it. The other rig was a Renegade [that I tie on a jig head] with a small white tube jig with a pink head. The secret ingredient today was anchovy smelly jelly smeared on wax AND meal worms. The trout were suspended anywhere from just off the bottom to just about mid way up. There was only about 2" to 3" of snow on the ice but the ice was about 15" deep.{Hard to dig with my hand auger.} I fished from 7:30 to 1:30 and stopped because I had my limit of perch and didn't want to catch any more.[Some would have their air bladder in their throat.] STAY AWAY FROM THE CROWDS and you will have a great day. DKSRenegade
[signature]
Thanks for the update, I hope to be as successful Sunday! Got an itch for a perch meal!!
[signature]