Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lincoln drive by
Took a little ride out to Lincoln today just to see what was going on. Nice. Expected some rough seas from carry-over winds from the last storm but the lake was dead calm. Didn't take my boat out but was wishin' I would have. The Canadians, mallards, and cinniimon teal were all pairing up and staking out homesteads for the coming season of love. Lots of water too.

Two boat trailers in the parking lot. Both boaters were working the area in front of the orchard... one a blue and white Bayliner belonging to a walleye nut. (Expect a full report from him later today.)

A couple of waders out from the orchards and a father-son pair from Mona bank tangling in Goshen Bay. I enjoyed talking to them but they were still looking for their first bite.

One more stormy session and then the masses will desend on the early walleye run and the channel cats will decide it is time to feed big time. I'm ready.

Let it begin.

BLK
[signature]
Thanks for the report. I was thinking of going out and teaching my 11 year to vast a fly rod and debated taking the boat just in case we wanted to make a trip for some cat and I’m glad I checked here. You may have talked me into taking the boat, of course by the tome he gets out his scouts pow wow the wind will pick up.
[signature]