Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DEER CREEK OR JORDANELLE FRIDAY?
Trying to decide where to take the boat on Friday to catch a few and just enjoy having the boat on the water, anyone have recent reports on either?
[signature]
Was at Deer Creek Saturday testing the new to me four stroke kicker motor. Since there wasn't any ice fishing this winter there is a pile o planters waiting to bite.

In the first hour I caught two lost one and missed another half dozen before the front passed and the bite shut off after that. Used flashers with squids and crankbaits on the second pole. Most of the action was within a hundred of the shoreline in the Wallsberg bay area.
[signature]
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
[quote a_bow_nut]Was at Deer Creek Saturday testing the new to me four stroke kicker motor. Since there wasn't any ice fishing this winter there is a pile o planters waiting to bite.

In the first hour I caught two lost one and missed another half dozen before the front passed and the bite shut off after that. Used flashers with squids and crankbaits on the second pole. Most of the action was within a hundred of the shoreline in the Wallsberg bay area.[/quote]

Leaning toward Jordanelle due to the kokanee, but having never fished DC due to the mussel issue in the past it has me curious.
[signature]
Kind of early for kokanee I would think. [fishon]
[signature]
[quote muirco]Kind of early for kokanee I would think. [Image: fish-on.gif][/quote][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]I hope not. I'll be on Jordanelle tomorrow trying out the new Cannon downriggers (2 MAG 10's & 2 MAG 5's). I didn't attend the Jared Johnson seminar at the ISE, but in walking by his lecture on Thursday, I thought I heard him say he caught some kokanee in Jordanelle the week before the ISE. And Jordanelle has some very nice trout as well. The weather forecast is for severe clear with temps near 50 and winds 5 to 10 out of the west. Should be a great day to be on the water. [cool][/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
[quote muirco]Kind of early for kokanee I would think. [Image: fish-on.gif][/quote]

Early in what way? At the moment they will be spread out and in the upper water column, but they should be quite hungry. Not as easy to catch as later in the year but not as much pressure as well.
[signature]
Kokanee don't strike out of hunger. They strike out of being irritated/protectiveness. Exactly what you said...they are spread out and harder to locate schools...making it more difficult to get into. I am not saying to not go to jordanelle, I just was saying you would have better luck going for browns and bows this time of year. [fishon]
[signature]
I managed to get a small koke about two weeks ago from Jordanelle. Only about 12" or so. I'm in the same situation. Jordanelle after kokes, or Willard Bay. Something about Jordanelle, I've never been a fan of. I think it's a mixture of things.
[signature]
Is it knuckleheads driving daddys diesel pulling the speaker blaring wake boat that is bothering you?
Me too.
Just think if the Rockcliff Arm was wakeless, hmmm....
[signature]
Yup, that's part of it, but get that at Willard Bay too, but not as bad. I've never had epic fishing days there either. If I'm lucky, maybe a fish or two.
[signature]
Actually.....I take that back. Willard Bay can get pretty stupid too.
[signature]
Gonna get heated more and more between fisherman and power boat users.Put the second driest State of the Union in the mix of a booming recreation driven population and it won't take long.
We should start a poll right now on which Utah water will get the mandate of alternating wake/wakeless days first?
My vote is Deer Creek.
That being said, I'm a kokaholic and will be on Jordanelle tomorrow morning.
[signature]
Let me know how you do. Maybe I'll make it up there Saturday morning instead of Willard.
[signature]
Mama has something planned for me tomorrow. I was trying to decide where to go and Jordanelle was on the list. I guess I'll have to watch wind reports for Saturday.[fishon]
[signature]
One brown right off the bat then nothing.
I had three friends in two different boats fish Willard today.
Neither boat landed a single fish, and these three friends are quite experienced at Willard.
Need a little warmer water.
Temps at Jordy were only 37.5.
[signature]
Way to go Bob, much better day than mine. I kind of wished I took someone with me so I could throw out two more lines. Four lines out of a boat beats two anyday!
I cancelled my ice fishing trip today due to having an uncomfortable feeling of ice conditions.
I will send you my number.
I am headed to the duck club right now for a work day and might not hear the phone ring if you call before noon.
Gotta get ready to burn that evil phragmite that has cursed Utah. Where are the phragmite eating seagulls when you need them?
[signature]