Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Floatilla Phooey 3-30-18
[#0000ff]Had a motley assortment of cataholics launch from Lincoln Beach this morning. Piscophilic, IceSled, Mooseman, Boatloadakids and myself all headed out onto the wind murkied lake to do battle with catkind.

Mooseman had boat issues and came in early. Icesled found some fish in his first spot...and at least one other one later. Pisco's fishing buddy, Dave, was top rod in their boat at last contact.

BLK managed one cat just before we went in. Since I believe in letting the boat captain catch the first fish, I kept shaking off all the ones that wanted me to catch them...just to honor my chivalrous policies. Unfortunately, by the time BLK finally figured out how to catch one, the bite was over and I ended up with a goose-egg. But I did hear and see a lot of geese.

Good Friday my patootie.
[/#0000ff]
[signature]
It was great to see you again in person. I had a day much like yours. The only fish I got was a mudder that hit in the harbor while you and I were visiting in the parking lot. As I told you on the lake that fire tiger flig (larger model) you gave me made the trip for Dave (and me too). He ended up getting 5 hookups. 3 on the FTF w/white bass meat on it and 2 on a piece of WB on just a hook. One of those broke off, but it was a technical problem, not a monster fish and the other was a skinny 28" male.

Thanks for the "samples"[Smile]

I'll write a report when I get done paying for the playtime this morning.

BTW, the water temp was about 5 degrees cooler than I expected and the clarity was a lot worse. I think there must have been some stiff winds at night or something. In that kind of cold murky water I think you have to hit them in the nose with your offering to get them to hit back.

Warmer is coming!
[signature]
That's quit a collection of fancy water craft. What ever floats you.
Did you get some water temperatures? What was the shore patrol like?
[signature]
Glad ya'll got together and found a few fish. If Tubedude got the goose-egg, then I guess I don't feel too bad about today. Me and a compadre fished for a few hours on the Goshen Bay side from shore. I caught 11 nice sized white bass on the rigs and bait I was after cats with, shrimp and a night crawler.[Smile] They were all in the 10-12 inch range. My friend caught 6 whities and then scored 2 cats as we were getting ready to call it a day, a 22 and 25 inch whiskered pair. Fun Day. As the weather warms, its going to get better. I hope I can sneak a 36 incher right out from under BLK's nose, but I doubt it[Wink]
[signature]
If it wasn't for boat problems out would have been a beautiful morning. As stated water was colder than expected at only 48 degrees. It was nice too finally meet a couple of guys and fish for a few minutes and was able to recruit one more guy for team team South when I came back in. But a big thanks for the invite and hippie we can do it again.
[signature]
[quote doitall5000]That's quit a collection of fancy water craft. What ever floats you.
Did you get some water temperatures? What was the shore patrol like?[/quote]

[#0000FF]Water temps started out at 48 inside the harbor and 47 in the main lake. Warmed up to about 50 by noon. As others have surmised, the cold and murkier water from this past week's winds have kept the fish less active.

Shore patrol? Do you mean bank tanglers and/or wading walleye warriors? Only a few bank tanglers on the dikes and they did not last long. No action. Did see a few waders down off the rock shelves...but nothing like there would have been if the walleyes were ON.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]