Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DC Walleyes
Have been looking for the walleyes to start showing up along the rocky shorelines, was finally able to pick up a couple Saturday.
Was using a suspending jerk bait. If the weather would hold steady, bass may start soon.
[signature]
Good looking eyes. Fishing from a boat, or other floating device, or from the shore?
[signature]
Shore fishing this time.
[signature]
I think I watched you fishing on the shore last year and getting bitten. Was you there last year too?
How high is the water now?
[signature]
Deer Creek is completely full now.
[signature]
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
Yes that was me. Same type of area.
[signature]
Thanks for your post. I think I caught a similar sized eye today using a jerk bait on a rocky shoreline from my float tube.
Gabe
[signature]
hey guys, remember, we rely on natural spawning to maintain the eyes in almost all the state waters, so please practice catch and release on the females till after the spawn. There are more than enough males to service the spawn, so keeping a few of them will not hurt, but if we keep to many of the prespawn females, we are doing ourselves a disservice. You can start keeping a few of the ladies in June, after they drop their eggs !!
Nice catch, I started using jerk baits a few years ago and have had great success.
[signature]
Mine was actually a 22 inch MALE walleye. No eggs and I am sure it was male.It had a little bit of boy juice come out and its too early to have laid its eggs on Deer Creek. I am hopeful that there are bigger males like that around as well.
[signature]