Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Salmon Falls
Hey Guys,
I was thinking of trying the lake out for Memorial day and was wondering what the crowds are like and the fishing opportunities. I've wanted to fish this lake for years to chase some walleye but can never get the family past CJ, they love perch too much!!!! is the camping pretty much just drive up and park your trailer on the beach? heard you need shad, no trees. what other fish are there besides eyes, SM, and trout?
any info would be appreciated
thanks
[signature]
There is a camp ground at the dam; however, most people camp on he beaches. Shade is scarce. You'll have to watch out for snakes around the beaches. There is only one ramp and it is at the dam. Fishing has been slow. But Good luck
[signature]
thanks, appreciate the response!
[signature]
The lake is too high this year for camping on the beaches you can't even put a boat in at Greys landing. Pretty sure Big Sandy and Nortens are to high for beach camping this year as has been the norm prior to last year.
[signature]
Are you bank or boat fishing? Might talk the family into staying at the RV park right at Rogerson or camping at Jackpot and driving up to fish. As far as species there are nice sized tout, walleye, perch , small mouth bass and an occasional crappie. At the time of year you are going the backwaters and China Creek would be the area I would concentrate on but Norton Bat and Greys Landing could be good too.
[signature]