Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Bay next Thursday.
So in thinking about hitting Willard Bay next Thursday and was wondering if anyone has had any luck.I was thinking about the south marina in hope to get into walleye and wipers.what is a good choice of crank bait or regular bait to use? Any info will be great seeing how in hoping to finally catch 1 or 100 finally lol thanks
[signature]
Have not been out to WB yet this year. So all I can say is best of luck to ya [Wink]
Ask 100 guys on here and you will get 100 different answers. And 110 if TD chimes in.....jk [Wink] And none of those answers will be wrong necessarily, just what has worked for them, and may or may not work for you ...........or me. [fishon]
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
[#0000FF]Transition time at Willard...in an up and down year. No species has really "turned on" yet. But as water temps creep up it should get better.

If you want to join the happy harvesters...snagging walleye...go to the inlet at the south marina. Otherwise, the rocks at the NW corner (lightpole) are possibly your best bet for walleyes. Fish 3" white or pearl plastics with 1/8 oz. heads parallel to the rocks. Count on getting snags if you are fishing right.

Actually, spawning walleyes can show up almost anywhere around the dikes. Several places near the outlet and along the north dike can be productive. And evening and early mornings are best. Not much happening during the day.

Far too cold for any reliable action on trolling crankbaits for wipers yet. Water still staying under 50. Wipers start getting active after 55-60 and 70 is much better. But if you work a crawler rig for walleyes in the right areas you will pick up a wiper or two in the process.

Good luck. The best time to go fishing is whenever you can. And fishing is always good...even if the catching ain't.

[/#0000FF]
[signature]