Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Inlet
Can you fish with a float tube or pontoon boat with an electric motor in the Willard inlet? I’ve never fished over there and was thinking of trying it tomorrow if possible.
[signature]
There used to be a "No Boat Traffic" buoy just east of the marina, but it was removed some time back. I've taken my kayak all the way to the spill basin.

That was a year or so ago, however. The buoy may be back now. If so, you cannot go up the inlet in any craft. The guys who have launched there recently may have better input.
[signature]
The bouy is there so I didn’t go into the inlet. There were two guys in kayaks fishing in there but I didn’t. Nice morning for fishing but not for biting. I got skunked. Oh well, still beats staying home.
[signature]
[#0000FF]In the past I have taken my float tube clear up to the baffles and back. And I have even been observed by rangers driving along the dike in their trucks. They did not stop and/or tell me to stay out so I took it as implied permission for non-motorized craft okay to be up there.

Howsomever, I have not challenged it for at least 3 years. And I did hear of a motorized pontoon angler being cited.

Bottom line, "the grass is always greener", etc. The fishing most of the way up in the channel has never been as good or better than in the channel between the buoy and the channel entrance. Less than 50 yards east of the buoy the channel shallows up a few feet and there does not seem to be much to draw the fish...except for the deep scour hole and current below the baffles.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Good to know. Since my pontoon has an electric motor I won’t do it unless I talk to the fish and game and they tell me for sure it is okay. I don’t think it would have made a difference today anyway.
[signature]