Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starvation Tuesday 04/10
The weather forecast looked promising and Tuesday was a day off from work so I headed over to Starvation to give it a try. Kudos to the weather folks, it was as predicted with clear skies and very light w**d. It was glassy smooth most of the day and temps went from the 40s to near 60 by the afternoon.

I fished in Knight Hollow hoping to find a walleye or two but that wasn't in the cards for today. I caught a very nice 18 inch rainbow on my first cast using a 3.5 inch tube jig tipped with a piece of nightcrawler. I'm planning to smoke some fish soon, so the first one went into the basket and two more were added during the day.

There were a few boaters out today and a couple of them were fishing in Knight Hollow. There was a pair of shore fishermen and I saw them catch a few trout, one just as I was leaving at 3:00 p.m..

Water temps were in the mid 40s and I believe the walleye are now spawning which is probably why none wanted to play today.

All three of the rainbows I kept were in excellent shape and will make great smoked fish. I checked the stomachs and they were full of skuds (gammarus probably). Things should pick up as the water warms and the walleye conclude their spawn.

I recently bought a Colorado XTS pontoon boat and rigged it with some TubeDude style rod holders, sonar mount, transducer pole and I set up the Minn Kota C2 electric motor with a remote switch and hands-free steering using cables to the back of my seat. The whole thing works great and it gives me another option when I don't want or need to tow the Lund over the hill.

Mike
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Starvation Tuesday 04/10 - by TopH2O - 04-11-2018, 01:45 AM
Re: [TopH2O] Starvation Tuesday 04/10 - by WET1 - 04-11-2018, 03:22 AM
Re: [TopH2O] Starvation Tuesday 04/10 - by cdbrc - 04-13-2018, 09:50 PM
Re: [cdbrc] Starvation Tuesday 04/10 - by TopH2O - 04-15-2018, 04:26 AM