Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soldier Creek ice off????????

Saw this
https://www.facebook.com/strawberrybay/
has any one had a boat on Soldier Creek ??

Strawberry Bay Marina & Lodge
· April 10 ·

Soldier Creek ice off fishing is in full swing, with current weather conditions it’s possible that side of the reservoir will see complete ice off before the end of the week!

Strawberry is still waiting for fishable water around the banks. Most areas with cast length pull back are fairly shallow. I’d expect ice off conditions to open around this weekend! Won’t last long this year!
[signature]
After today's wind, Ill bet the ice is gone at Soldier Creek!
[signature]
Was up there Saturday you could very well get a boat out there it was very windy which broke up the remaining ice off pretty well. The fishing was very slow throughout the day but still managed a few. The Strawberry side on the other hand still needs time and has lots of ice I attached a picture below. Hopefully it will be better next week!

Good luck!
I was up there Sunday from about 3pm - 8pm and i did see someone with a boat on soldier creek side. the ice is most likely gone on the soldier creek side.especially after that wind, i did fairly well, caught 1 small bow, and caught 11 slot cutts ranging from 18-21" and 2 slot busters 22-23" all were caught on a tube jig, and all fish were released, action was steady from 5-8 pm. most of the cutts caught were very healthy and bellies full of little fish that were 4-6 inches in length.
[signature]