Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solider Creek and Kokes
So rumor is Solider Creek has open water. Any ideas/suggestions on where the kokes are hiding this time of year shortly after ice off. Debating on going up Sunday morning and try to find them. Just never went after kokes this early in the season. I need some help. Three trips out this year, and only 1 fish. [:/]
[signature]
I'm going up tomorrow. it is hard to catch koknaee until the water starts to warm up
I know where they were last year but that does not mean they will be there this year.
If they are deep you can see them on the fishfinder if they are on top you can't see them
[signature]
Early season with 2 people in the boat I will set out the planer boards on each side and then run 2 lead core rods off the back about 9 feet down, this way I am covering width and depth to see where they are.
[signature]
Almost completely ice free on SC side. Today there was one ice sheet about 300x500 yards that was being blown into the main body from the north arm. Otherwise the main body was wide open. At least two boats on the lake today.
[signature]
Early in the year I have caught the most with the same terminal tackle I use mid summer-Dakota Dodger with a spinner rig or squid. I run 2 poles on mono only on the surface and 2 down riggers at different depths. The surface poles usually work better. The fish seem all over the lake no pattern that I can figure out. Fishing this way I also catch more rainbows and cuts than Kokes but usually pick up a few. Try all different depths of waterI have got Kokes shallow in the spring also. Have not been out after Kokanee yet this year.
[signature]
How was the fishing?
[signature]
[quote liketrolling]I'm going up tomorrow. it is hard to catch koknaee until the water starts to warm up
I know where they were last year but that does not mean they will be there this year.
If they are deep you can see them on the fishfinder if they are on top you can't see them[/quote]

How did you do? Worth the drive?
[signature]