Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Annual Spring Flotilla Willard Bay
Hey just wanting to remind everyone that the flotilla is coming up in two weeks at Willard Bay. Should be a great time to get together, eat some great food and tell some tales and try a little fishing... If you haven't ever been to the flotilla before we typically start off fishing in the morning and around noon we meet at the Eagle beach pavilion for a lunch, visit and awards ceremony for the winners of the Ice Challenge...

A kind member has paid for the pavilion (Thank You, this is a big cost savings for the rest of us..) so cost will be getting into the state park, and $5 or bring something for the meal (get with Jil on this)...... We are doing fish taco's and I believe we are looking for fish donations as well... Anyone willing to help with the set up cooking and etc. would be wonderful... We have a sign up area in the sticky posts at the top of the general Utah page... Please sign up and let us know you are coming so we can prepare enough food if you'd like to eat with us..

We used to do a fishing contest for the mornings catches, but state rules make this painful, so that has been discontinued, but bragging rights is probably still okay, so take a photo of your morning catches or if you're taking them home bring them for us to be jealous...

Probably forgot a lot I should mention, but let's start with this much... Oh yeah the date is Saturday May 5th at the Willard Bay North Marina, Eagle Bay Pavilion, this is the one north of the marina... Hope you can join us, it's a great time to meet BFT'ers and share tips and tales... Also if you have talents and tackle you may want to show off or trade and unofficially peddle this may be a good location to do this off the record... Since an official deal would require more state regs that we don't want to have to deal with... Each year our numbers grow, so expect to meet 30-50 BFT'ers and families of BFT'ers.... We may have some random drawings for prizes if I get something rounded up... Guess I better get busy there... Anyway come have a fun day out and join us and pray for good weather... See ya there... Jeff
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]PM sent Jeff.[/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
My son and I would like to join everyone for the event.
Do we need to sign up anywhere or just show up?

We would be happy to bring tortillas and coleslaw.
[signature]
We'd love to have you join us.... Gotcha down.... PM sent

Thanks

jjannie (Jil)
I'm glad you can make it. Looks like Jil has you all taken care of. Should be a fun get together. We appreciate the heads up that you're coming it really helps us out in the planning end of things. We won't turn anyone away that just shows up, but we may not have enough food to go around. Thanks for letting us know. J
[signature]
I have always wanted to do the flotilla with you all I was planning on coming over to fish and meet people but not to eat cause I snoozed and didn't give proper notice, lol
[signature]
We plan on some extra because some folks don't know if they are going to make it and then show up anyway. So plan on joining us we'll have enough food or send someone out to catch more. Fish Taco's ya know. Hope you can make it Jeff
[signature]
It will be me and my other half, im going to contribute and bring some jalapeƱos, taziki sauce and some cabbage
[signature]
Sounds great!! We'll see ya there... J
[signature]
We'd love to have you join us.... Gotcha down.... PM sent

Thanks

jjannie (Jil)