Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hyrum 04/20/18
Hyrum is starting to pick up again. It was stocked well for this season. Did shore fishing close to the dam and some next to the campgrounds. Used it all - powerbait , cranks, spoons, spinners, flies, rapalas..you name it. All work. Got a few keepers - 14-15 inch bows and browns, majority was a release at 8 inches or so. Hit on almost every cast. Will be back next week.[fishon]
[signature]
I should have gone to Hyrum instead of Mantua, but I'd never fished Mantua before, so that's were I went. Not even a nibble.
[signature]
Wow I should have went to Hyrum as well... Cutler was slow for us, only found a few mudders and two small channels... 16 & 18".... Thanks for the report, it sounds like a fun trip... Ice fishing was such a short season, been figuring there will be a few nicer bows left in Hyrum this spring... Sounds like that is true... Thanks for the info on better results over there... Later J
[signature]
Oh come skunked again I know you know where to go you helped me figure out where to go for cats this time of year thanks to you i have been Slaughtering them this time of year for the past three years I have seen some of your pics of fish we fish some of the same holes
[signature]
Boy you have move faith in my abilities than I do..... Guess that's because I see all the not so good trips in between the good one once in a while...

Last night was a good one, quality wise, not so much quantity... Only got 4 fish, two were yellowbellies (bullheads, mudcats whatever they are called.) and two channels, a 27" and 26"er and that last one was the best fight of the season, it stripped line like no other fish yet this year... I really thought I had a special fish, but it was just a great fighter... Let them both go to make more cats in the future...

The more time I spend chasing kitties the more I think they just roam around in pods and the difference between a good night and a bad one is whether you happen to be where a pod is moving through or around... One night a spot can be good and then you can have six days of nothing in the same spot... So I think timing holds a lot to do with cat success...

Anyway I'm glad your finding the cats, I may have to have you remind me what I told you so I can get on them more often... Lot of my spots are a little too shallow this year and I'm only finding mudcats so far...

Well have fun and one of these days we may run into each other on the pond... Funny how many folks fish out and around there and I don't run into anyone very often... Might be because I'm only out a couple hours at a time at best and then during less popular hours of the day... Later J
[signature]