Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Motorguide in utah sucks!
I have read nothing but good things about motorguide customer service. Last week my motorguide xi80 foot pedal stopped working after about a years use. The hand remote never worked when it was brand new but figured I'd use the foot remote. Long story short. Called them today serial numbers in hand. I need to take it to a motorguide rep, closest one according to the guy is bass pro shops in Law Vegas to have it 'diagnosed'. When he finds out its 6 hours away he says I can mail it to them. Its prime fishing season!! Maybe it will help someone decode between minnkota or motorguide but sucks not getting service. I reall
y have liked the motor and the spot on anchoring but when it breaks you want it fixed now not in 8 weeks and in not forking out $200 for a foot and hand remote.
Thoughts???
[signature]
When I had a Minkota in Spokane Washington go down I had to mail it to a rep for testing. They got it back with new parts in a week.

It might not take 8 weeks to get it repaired and the sooner you send it the better.

Call the rep and let the rep know how bad you need it back.
[quote americanforkdude]I have read nothing but good things about motorguide customer service. Last week my motorguide xi80 foot pedal stopped working after about a years use. The hand remote never worked when it was brand new but figured I'd use the foot remote. Long story short. Called them today serial numbers in hand. I need to take it to a motorguide rep, closest one according to the guy is bass pro shops in Law Vegas to have it 'diagnosed'. When he finds out its 6 hours away he says I can mail it to them. Its prime fishing season!! Maybe it will help someone decode between minnkota or motorguide but sucks not getting service. I reall
y have liked the motor and the spot on anchoring but when it breaks you want it fixed now not in 8 weeks and in not forking out $200 for a foot and hand remote.
Thoughts???[/quote]

Did you already go through the steps in the troubleshooting section of the owner's guide? Try a reset?
[signature]
Since Swede R. hung up the diagnostic meter, we have not had a local repairperson for either Minn Kota or Motor Guide. Your best bet is to bite the bullet and mail the unit in and get it fixed ASAP. The longer you wait, the more fishing you will miss. Good luck getting it serviced !!
Sounds like a good excuse to go to Vegas!
On a serious note I hope you can get it figured out in much less than 8 weeks. As you mentioned, it's prime season right now.
[signature]
Hey, I am headed to Vegas this thursday afternoon to shoot trap at their BEAUTIFUL trap facility on friday.
I am also headed to Bass Pro for a pair of shoes.
If you would like I could at least get it to them for you?
I work in Saratoga Springs by the river outlet so you could
bring it to me there tomorrow or early Thursday morning before I leave?
[signature]
Been there done this...... [:/] I had a Minn Kota Terrova 101 that needed a major overhaul after 8 years of hard use. I called up Swede in Bountiful, and his wife told me that he had retired, and I'd have to take it to Bass Pro Shop in Vegas. My reaction was the same as yours..... yeah right! I figured that by the time I had it shipped, overhauled, and shipped back, I'd be into it close to $1000, so I ended up just getting one of the new Terrova 112's instead.

As an alternative, you might want to check around online (ebay, or KSL, or post here) and see if someone has a used one for cheap. Another option might be to play around with your remote or replace it. I use my remote all of the time, and only use the foot pedal as a back up if the remote fails. Whatever you do, as several others have mentioned, now is the time to get it done. Its game time! Good luck, Fred K.
[signature]
This won't help the OP of this thread but last year, Backwater Performance in Midvale became an authorized service center for Minn Kota.
[signature]
Since Bass Pro bought out Cabelas have you tried calling to see if they will provide service.
[signature]