Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
45 minutes to goal
I was dieing to get out and so I made a deal with my special needs son who was dead set on not going. I told him we would go and I would only catch 3 fish. I figured that would give me a couple hours. We went out to Lincoln Beach at 11 and the waves were looking a little rough. But I was still being stubborn and going. The water temp in the harbor was 57 degrees. We headed to bird island and once I thought I’m nuts but then I thought no the fishing gods are on my side I’m going a little further. The water started to level out about 3/4 of the way there and by the time we got there the waves were noticeable but not terrible. The water temp was 54 degrees when we got there. We waited for about 20 minutes til I got my first hit. It was a beautiful cat but my phone was in the truck as usual. The second was hit in about 15 minutes and was a lot smaller but good eating size. My son reminded me we were at 2 fish and one more and we were going home lol. About 10 more more minutes and that goal was accomplished. This a bit bigger than the second one but still smaller than the first one. So as promised we headed back in. I got my boat on the trailer and we were on the road by 1215. A whopping hour and 15 minute fishing trip to pull the boat out but hey I think we were successful. The lake was almost smooth on the trip back so I’m glad I listened to the weather app I have.
[signature]
Thanks for the great report.
[signature]