Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boulder Mountain rookie
I am planning a trip to Boulder Mountain in June. This will be my first time there and the first for our crew which will be my main fishing buddy and both his and my little brothers.

We intend to spend 3 full days and are bringing float tubes for fishing craft. I have been researching this for a couple months already but am hoping for any pointers or tips anyone might have.

We are still pretty open to different areas and we are actually locking down the area we will camp and fish at this week.

My biggest question that needs to be addressed is how well will I be able to travel the mountain in a 2006 GMC 1500 with the off road package and a 2 inch lift? I have heard there are some rough roads along with well maintained roads.

Thanks for any advice you may have and PM's are welcome if you want.
[signature]
Wish I could help but last time I was on the Boulder I was 5 and I don’t really remember much sorry but I love you videos and know you’ll come back with some good stuff.
[signature]
I went down for a deer hunt several years ago (and sampled the fishing) and was able to get around just fine in a Samurai. I assume your pickup is 4wd. There may be some places you might not want to go but the fishing is great pretty much anywhere. The main access roads are all fairly well maintained from what I remember. BTW, I heard that woolly buggers in the standard dark colors work well, especially after dark. I'm sure you'll have a blast and am jealous you get to go.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

I can provide some input as I frequent the boulders. Send me a PM.
[signature]
Thanks PM sent!

For anyone else, keep it coming! I need all the info I can get!!
[signature]
I'd like to try that area myself, but I haven't done any in detail research yet. Would love to hear how it turns out for you... We are hitting the Wind Rivers again this summer, but sometime down the road, I'd love to try the Boulder... Got my little pack of goats ready to try their first light weight pack trips this year, so I'm hoping future years will allow me to take the tube in deeper wilderness trips... I haven't heard any issues with goats packing in that area so if they kick us out of the winds I'd like to have another area to enjoy... Nothing like a tube or toon on those remote lakes... fishing is off the chart... Best of luck... J
[signature]
[#0000FF]You said you have been doing some research. Have you checked out the Utah DWR booklet/PDF file on the Boulders? [url "https://wildlife.utah.gov/pdf/b-mtn.pdf"]LINK[/url]
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Thanks TD! I have seen this and the only thing missing are good directions and the right roads to take haha
[signature]
[#0000FF]If you do not already have one, you should get a Utah Atlas...by Benchmark Maps. They show all the roads and trails...and the lakes of the Boulder Mtn. area.

[inline "UTAH ATLAS.jpg"]

[/#0000FF]This Utah atlas is designed to help residents and visitors make the most of the wealth of attractions that Utah has to offer. You'll find hundreds of recreation sites, fishing spots, and hunting areas as well as a myriad of other things to do. The Landscape Maps show all drivable Utah roads, classed by surface and purpose, and thousands of campgrounds along with other destinations. Large-scale metro maps of the Wasatch Front are also included. Map Scales: Recreation Maps 1:730,000 1"=11.5 miles. Landscape Maps 1:250,000 1"=3.9 miles. Metro Maps 1:170,000 1"=2.7 miles
[signature]