Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fish Lake report
Cold!!!!!!!!! Sunny, windy very windy Wednesday. Started Tues. afternoon at Twin Creeks and caught about a dozen rainbows 11-15" and missed one about 4#. All on white whatta crickets and boogers with crawlers. Suspended 20' in up to 60' of water. A few 10-14" splake in same area on green and white ratsos with yellow body with wax worm. Went to east side straight across from Twin Creeks and did about the same. Wednesday = wind!!!!!!!! Sunny but up to 40 mph with temps in 20's. A few hardy souls caught some macs to 17" on brown/yellow 2" tube jigs. A few rainbows, perch and small splake caught. We were on east side on north end. Thursday - sunny again. Twin Creeks with a dozen bows in same size then south east with one 14" splake.

All in all, lots of fun but very few fish. No one seemed to be doing too well. Ice is 18-24" thick with about 6" of powdery snow on top. One fellow on Thurs. did well near Twin Creeks with a green paddlebug and meal worm. It's day to day - fish cop said one day is good with usual technique then next day with same approach = nothing.
[signature]
Well I hope the 21st is a good day then. [:/]
[signature]
Thanks for the info. I'm going up again this weekend. Probably Sunday or on the holiday. Last trip, Saturday, we got blown off the lake down in front of Schubachs bench - north of Lakeside- it wasn't bad early, just cold as heck. Fishing was good, I don't know how many we put back, but we had probably 15 keepers. --well, all of us but gshadow had keeper trout on the ice. He spent the morning playing with his glow sticks and the perch. We couldn't get him to move any deeper though, so we didn't get to see what glow sticks would do with trout.-- We caught mostly splake, some 15-16", using perch meat on a 2" salt and pepper tube in 35 feet all by 11:00 when it started blowing hard and snowing horizontally. I think the temp dropped 50 degrees! When I was growing up in Koosharem, the saying was "If the wind starts blowing, its time to get off Fishlake." That was back before year round fishing, but I'm finding it to be true now on the ice too!!!

Any of you come up there look for my truck and come say hi. I drive an pewter colored '01 GMC HD extended cab and I've got a green yamaha grizzly. No stickers on 'em yet. Guess I need to get with the program, huh?I'm the one in army camo making all the noise when someone catches a fish and skunking gshadow!!!!! I've also got a pair of frs radios. call me on channel 1..

See you on the ice.
[signature]
If you want to talk to BFTers, use channel 12 on your radio.

m
[signature]
Gotcha!!!
[signature]
Good reports guys, look forward to the 21st when I can get down that way for the derby/cookout. Also Brookieboy BFT channel is 12 so if you call for BFT memebers go to 12 we will answer. [cool]
[signature]
The radio will be on!!!! Give me a call. If you can't tell, that's about my favorite place to ice fish. Especially with Scofield and Otter Creek doing so well now! YUK YUK
[signature]
[Wink]will do.[cool]
[signature]
HEy sounds good i hope it isnt quite that windy on the 21st
[signature]