Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Lake Carp Spawn
Just curious if anyone can share what they are seeing/experiencing as far as carp spawn activity at Utah lake. Just wondering if it is time to hit up the shallows. My recollection is that 65 degrees is the optimal water temp.
[signature]
Yesterday the water temp was 64 to 67 degrees anywhere I went. The carp were making lots of noise in the reeds on the east side of the lake. We saw one guy in waders and a bow having a little fun bowfishing. We didn’t see many on the top of the water out of the reeds like we have in the past. Good luck.
[signature]
At Lindon on Wednesday there was no activity that I saw but water temps had just crossed 60 degrees in the afternoon. The next morning around 7:30 the water temperature was still above 60. They formed several groups away from the shore. At 8:30 it was over in the open water but they were still flirting along the shore until I left at noon. I went back on Friday with my son and his bow but there was significantly less activity. I didn’t get a temp on Friday but I would have thought it would have been the same. But as I think about it I could visualize temps changing by enough to impact the sex hormones just from current fluctuations alone. Especially when the temperature is on the fence at 60 degrees.

Good Luck
[signature]
I was out several times last week and saw a few carp clusters in the deeper water south of the Lincoln launch. They were thinking about it but not yet committed to a full orgy.

Talked to others who made the same observations in the Goshen Bay area. They are there but not frolicking like they do in full spawn.

G-kids took yaks down Benjamin Slough creek Sat. and saw lots of carp in the creek and starting to seek oout the drainage ditches to move on out into the flooded grass. No active spawn observed.

Cooler weather has slowed the spawn... a few warm days with limited wind and it will be on. I say next Sat. is the day it begins in earnest.

BLK
[signature]
Great feedback. Thanks for the tips. I'll be sure to share an update after we go. If anyone else has anything to share in the meantime, it would be nice to keep the updates coming.
[signature]
Had a friend from Sandy send me a picture of 35 carp he'd shot out of the lake Saturday just to rub it in a little that I don't get such opportunities down here in the south end of the state. He said he shot a couple of doubles so I'm guessing there were some spawning.
[signature]
There are plenty to be had, There not spawning yet but sunning in the shallows. My friend and his son shot over fifty at utah lake Saturday in Provo bay.

He even had the go pro going and they made some killer shots on doubles.

Me and the wife will be heading out there this weekend to help out.

Need some catfish bait. Smile

fnf[cool]
[signature]
we have been hitting deer creek the last few weekends and finding plenty of carp to shoot at. as for Utah[reply][/reply] lake we used to have a UBA event around the first week of may and would do really well in mud bay.
[signature]
Nothing going on carp-wise at Lincoln or in Goshen Bay today. Weather was warm but the water must have been cold. Maybe this weekend.
[signature]
Quick update: we decided to go over by Mud Lake yesterday even though the weather has been cool the last few days. We saw some carp in the reeds, but pretty much impossible to get any shots at them. We got skunked.

Maybe with the warmer weather settling in the next week will be good.
[signature]