Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle
Fished the Nell Sunday, main body had small caps at nine so we went into the Rockcliff arm and the water was much calmer but very muddy with zero clarity. Had one hit but no hook ups. Left about noon to a white capping lake.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]I'm heading up there tomorrow with 2 friends. The weather forecast is for clear skies, mid 40s, and little wind. We are hoping to catch some of those kokanee that have thus far evaded capture on my boat.[/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][Wink][/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Like everywhere else the colder water temps are keeping them high unseen in the finder. Doesn't mean they can't be caught. [Image: suspicious.gif]
[signature]
Where do you start looking for kokanee at jordanelle? [fishon]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]Late last night we decided that East Canyon would be a better choice right now. Jordanelle will have to wait until a little later. Life is good.[/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
How did you do at east canyon? [fishon]
[signature]
I have limited info on Jordanelle. Never been much of a fan fishing this lake in the past but that can change since the intro of kokanee. We caught one long lining towards the surface along the dam area. Any fish we marked on the finder were deep.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]We brought 32 trout to the net and LDR'd over a dozen more. Fished mostly on the south end and almost all fish were caught at 12/13 feet down. We were using Apex, wedding ring, & squid - all behind dodgers. Best color was pink or pink/white. All tipped with pink Gulp Alive maggots. Fun day. Water temp was in the high 40's all day. We fished from 8:30 AM until 2:30 PM.[/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
[quote dubob][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]We brought 32 trout to the net and LDR'd over a dozen more. Fished mostly on the south end and almost all fish were caught at 12/13 feet down. We were using Apex, wedding ring, & squid - all behind dodgers. Best color was pink or pink/white. All tipped with pink Gulp Alive maggots. Fun day. Water temp was in the high 40's all day. We fished from 8:30 AM until 2:30 PM.[/#800000][/font][/quote]

Is EC all rainbows Bob, or do you get a good mixed bag there. Never fished it, but I drive by on my way to LC... looks inviting though.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]East Canyon has trout, wipers, bass, and crappie there in abundance. There may be a couple others, but in very small numbers. It is primarily known (fished) for rainbow trout and bass to the best of my knowledge.[/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah