Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cutler Friday night
Josh.Gaardvark and I took the canoe out to Cutler Friday evening. We launched about 6 at Benson, then went upstream, south of the old bridge. Using carp and worms, we had a lot of luck in the shallows, but it wasn't good luck. We decided to get back to the slow current and just drift back towards the marina.
Josh scored on a couple of mud cats, but just about the time we drifted back under the bridge it got dark and an adverse breeze kicked up. At that point it got cold quickly. We continued with an assisted drift back to the road bridge, and anchored up across from the marina. That lasted 5 minutes before we decided the cool conditions and colder bite warranted a trip to town for some dinner.

No fish to report, but a good night out either way.
[signature]
I was floating Thursday night as well and only found mudcats.... followed by my Friday skunking from the shore... wasn't a good weekend for me... but nice weather and fun to be out... Thanks for the report... J
[signature]
Thanks for sharing, that sound like my last few trips out to cutler[Smile]
[signature]
It could have been worse, at least I got out with my son.
I was fishing from the bank on the south end of Cutler Marsh the next night, and caught two respectable cats. Neither will sway the contest results, but it was sure nice to finally see some channel cats. The mudcats that evening were aggressive, even going after carp chunks.
[signature]