Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
think anyone would freak out?
I need to replace the bunks on my trailer and the nearest water is Bountiful pond. While I realize that you can't use motors there, would anyone really freak out if I just unloaded the boat with motors up and tied it off while I replace the bunks? Or is it even deep enough to unload the boat at their ramp? Other suggestions on where I can do this easily without burning a bunch of gas?
[signature]
Place a board next to you bunk and use a couple of Jack's to lift the hull up. Then you don't have to haul your boat anywhere.
[signature]
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
I use a floor jack with a short block of wood and raise one side enough to get done. This way the other bunk is still supporting the boat weight.
[signature]
I used a jack and wood when I did the center rollers and just felt unsafe, as it sits with a full tank it weights around 3600 pounds, I might give it a try though.
[signature]
Willard isn't all that far from Bountiful pond and they have a huge parking lot to work in.
[signature]
I block and jack up the boat at home to replace bunks. I prefer having access to all my tools, and the security of having the boat at home if I need to run to the hardware store for a bolt, nut, etc. Plus the boat bottom is right there to ensure alignment is good.
[signature]
If you are able to do it during the week, before the afternoon/evening, you would probably be OK. In the evening and on weekends there is a large crowd at Bountiful Pond and also bank fishing near the boat ramp is popular, so your boat would be taking up valuable real estate. Willard Bay (especially the south marina) is another option.
[signature]
take it to willard ,law enforcement is know for understanding in these situations
[signature]