Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fish lake trip report
Trip went like this
fri: prep boat , set gas tank on side of boat , falls off , split tank 12" , spilled 6 gal of gas $80 tank and gas, new tank and gas $80,sat : Left @ 4 a m get to lake , pump prime bulb, split old gas line on motor, trip to loa $18 for new gas line and tools to fix, $20 for gas.
On lake @ noon fish for 7 hrs , caught 1 16" rainbow, didn't see anyone else catching much either.
pulling out boat out , waded out to hook up boat on trailer, forgot I had my ph in lower pocket of cargo shorts , fryed ph. $200
conclusion : That rainbow was one expensive fish
Lesson learned: skip 1 or 2 of these trips, go on all expenses paid fishing trip to alaska
[signature]
I’m sorry but I had to chuckle because that sounds like something of a trip I would have. I’m sorry it had to be frustrating and expensive and not be fruitful for you.
[signature]
You have to chuckle, A couple years from now this will be the adventure we talk about. I choose to see the brite side, The boat floated, the truck had no issues, And I didn't do anything on my honeydo list. So it's not all bad
[signature]
This song is familiar to many of us, especially our wives. I have a friend that is into long range shooting. He just spent $2500 on a new rifle and $2000 more on a scope, not to mention the competition reloading equipment - so he can put holes in paper at 1000 yards.

That sound crazy until you think I just spent over 20k on a new boat, not to mention all the equipment I already have - so I can catch fish (salmon) that I can buy similar in the grocery store for $8 a lb.

It's all about the experience, not the how much the rainbow cost. Way to keep it positive. I know, and so does my wife, that I would be in the nut house with out the opportunity to fish.

Better luck on the next trip.
[signature]
Reminds me of my worst trip to the gorge 3 years ago where we lost 3 downrigger balls, one full downrigger cable, 2 sets of pop gear, cracked both downrigger swivel bases, and blew both tires on one side of the trailer on the way home. It's a learning curve, sometimes a really expensive one!
[signature]
If you waded out into Fish Lake, far enough to fry your phone, you might want to check and see if your jewels were damaged, also! That is the coldest water in the whole dang country! My siblings used to swim in it from Bowery Haven's boat dock. I never could really get into it. All I did was huddle and shiver and rattle my teeth. I much preferred just fishing for the chubs all day long!
[signature]
Yes , that water is cold! Fortunately with my replaced knees , my legs and feet are numb half the time anyway.
And as for the family jewells... Like I tell my sons, ... you know what happens when a grape has been on the vine to long , and becomes a rasin? Well... at my age ... there ya go LOL!
[signature]
This time of year, you should be ditching the boat at Fish Lake anyway and fishing at night. The splake come in shallow to feed on perch eggs/perch...fishing is usually fast enough that you can't set your rod down without it bouncing. Just cast out cut bait and let it slowly sink to the bottom. Fish shallow water of rocky shorelines and away from the weeds.
[signature]
Been thru those story lines before with repeated offenders. There are too many of us older guys here that know the raisin effect. There are those things you teach kids and those that they will find out on their own. [Image: bobwink.gif]
[signature]