Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle 5-5
Hi all,
My buddy Al was in town from Kansas City over the weekend, and wanted to fish, so I took him up to Jordanelle to chase some brown trout. Looking at the weather conditions (clear & calm) I suspected that it might be tough, and it was, but he caught his first ever brown at 20" (see pic), and later caught a 17"er. The best that I could do was two chunky 18" rainbows, and a 12" smallmouth bass. We each missed a number of fish too. Water temp was 45 when we got there in the morning, and 47 when we left. A slow day for sure, but it was still fun to get out and hang out with a friend that I haven't seen in a long time [Wink] Fred K.
[signature]
Thanks for the report and Pic Fred, good looking brown. I'd like to get up there this year and chase some browns and kokes, were you casting for those browns or trolling?
[signature]
Great looking brown trout.! Did you see others trolling around for koks? Way to make us lazy fishers jealous.
[signature]
[quote doitall5000]Great looking brown trout.! Did you see others trolling around for koks? Way to make us lazy fishers jealous.[/quote]

Nope... I haven't seen anyone trolling for kokes, but I think that I marked a few. Fred.[reply][/reply]
[signature]
[quote wiperhunter2]Thanks for the report and Pic Fred, good looking brown. I'd like to get up there this year and chase some browns and kokes, were you casting for those browns or trolling?[/quote]

All fish that we've been catching have been casting. I was up there again this morning, but it was really tough early. I managed one 18" brown in the first three hours. Then the wind came up and I found the smallies, and promptly put seven, plus one brown, and one rainbow in the boat in about an hour and a half. One of the smallies was pretty decent at 18" and quite fat. I'm guessing that it was around 3 lbs or so. HTH, Fred K.[reply][/reply]
[signature]
Thank you good report.
[signature]
Nice work. What kind of bait/lure do the smallmouth like up there.
[signature]