Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Berry 5-08-2017
Now this am, heading that way with AFDan. First trip to start the season at the Berry.
[signature]
No skunk. Caught 2 slot cutts and 2 kokes, largest Koke at 18”
[signature]
Good to hear the Kokes are starting.
[signature]
Water temp still low in mid 40's however there were a few kokes from what we saw caught, nothing fast & furious. Pink & orange were only colors that was working. Lost 2 on the reel in. We fished Soldier Creek side.
[signature]
I was up today as well. Arrived at the Strawberry marina at 0630. Not another boat or trailer in sight - though 1 came before I got launched. Water was surprisingly clear, for this early. By 0800 I had 2 kokes and 3 cutts. Got 3 more kokes, one small one that I shook off, by 0900. One final cutt and decided to head home.

Water temp was 45* at the surface. Only one other boater near me, fellow BFTer Fishroof. Not sure how they did - hope they got a few.
[signature]
hi, we only got 4 cutts got on the water a little late.Thanks for your help we really appreciated it.You really had a great boat and gear setup!
[signature]

We couldn't have picked a better morning to be out fishing the Berry . After we setup and got lines in the water , I had a quick hookup poles went Bendo but released as soon as it reached the surface . Never saw what is was. That happened two times during the day , BDuck had the Hot stick for the day.
[signature]
I hit the Soldier Creek Side today. Cloudy and small breeze made jerkbait fishing really good. Once the sun came out they went deeper. Trolled and couldnt keep the the little planters off. Ended around noon.
[signature]