Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard return
This is my first post. After tripping and falling on my back last August, resulting in 3 fractured vertebrae in my neck.(broke the spinous process on each but luckily spinal column wasn't damaged)
I made my first trip out to Willard today.

Needless tosay I was nervous walking in the rocks but trying to be extra extra cautious now.
I only had 2 bites. Broke the first off. Then got a decent wiper right after. Ward on 6lb mono and light action rod. Only brought it along as an afterthought and hadn't intended to really fish with that rod.
Add fat as I got those 2bites the bite and dropped off. Was still a beautiful day.
Great to hear you are back at after the accident. Sorry you had to go through that but glad you were able to persevere. Nice fish you were able to catch.
[signature]
Thanks, still have some residual neck and shoulder pain but I was able to snowboard all winter too.
Was fun fishing today even with 2 bites . I really need to work on my filet smoked. Usually just fish for trout and pan fried those
[signature]
I didn’t have an injury but I’ve had 23 surgeries from arthritis related problems. Those residual pains don’t ever seem to go away but I’m not sure about from an injury. I came up to Willard for the first time Saturday for the flotilla and we only caught 2 cats. I was hoping for wipers or walleye as I’ve never caught either but after trolling for them for a while we decided to try our luck on cats. So I’m jealous on your 2 bites lol. Good luck to you and your continual wellbeing
[signature]
Thanks, I've only caught wiper 3 times there. Fisher for trout my whole life. But absolute rookie on most other fish. So any bite is a win. I did see some huge carp jumping the whole time I was there. Would be fun to hook up with a fly.
[signature]
Nice looking Wiper! I'm glad your getting better. From your title, it sounds like your injury happened on those rocks. Is that where you got hurt?

Glad your getting better either way.
[signature]
Yes my injury happened very near to that place on the rocks. I ended up stumbling backwards and downslope until my feet caught and I fell back on my neck. 1more stepand u believe iI is been a goner because my head would've hit first on a boulder.
Just be careful people. All it takes is one silly fall. I had fish in one hand and gear in the other and thought I was an agile 18year old instead of a 41 year old. That day was my first real wiper too. Here's a pick from just before the fall and then the xray.
I personally posted this ad a reminder to everyone that it can be fun being out fishing but take care in what you're doing.
Oh and please pack in pack out. So much trash out there. I filled my one little bag I had with me and it didn't do anything to better the landscape.
Thanks for the reminders....and for sharing!
[signature]