Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jungle Cruise and a 1/2 bucket of whitebas
Had another fun outing this week with my little kids. We launched our 14' aluminum boat at the primitive launch just east of provo harbor. We cruised up river looking for whitebass. They are visible on all of the gravel beds and in the deeper holes. We ended up catching a half bucket of whitebass in the deep section across from the ropes course. 3" grubs in any color combo worked for us. People are lined up and down the banks and it appeared that catching was steady for most everybody. One fellow had a nice rainbow trout, may 17" long and thick. Cruising the lower section of the Provo river in a boat is one of my favorite things to do. There are lots of big trees with shade, and vegetation that makes it feel like you're on the Jungle Cruise at Disney land. We brought along an old loaf of bread to feed the ducks. There are plenty of ducklings swimming around behind their moms learning the river. Its a great atmosphere for fishing with family and kids, the fast biting white bass kept their attention spams for a few hours. It should be good fishing in that section for another few weeks at least.
[signature]
Glad you had a good day with the kids. A tackle box is always better than an X-Box. Good on ya.
[signature]
Where did you launch. I do the same but heard the marina was closed. I can launch just about anywhere but if you found a launch, could you let me know where it is. PM me if you want.

We may try Saturday afternoon if the weather clears. [fishon]

fnf[cool]
[signature]
[#0000FF]Here is a map, showing the little ramp just south of the State Park bldgs...right on the river before it dumps into Utah Lake. Also, a picture showing it is just right for float tubes, kayaks and canoes.[/#0000FF]

[#0000FF]I suspect that you can turn left when you come in the gate...rather than going to the main marina facilities. That will take you to the state park HQ and over to the river.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Otherwise, you will have to turn south at the Center Street Bridge and find your way down to the river from there.[/#0000FF]
[signature]