Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hyrum
Went to Hyrum yesterday from the boat we did get 1 hit. We tryed small pop gear, tasmanion Devils, drifting nightcrawlers(my favorite there) no luck.
Maby the oncoming storm coming in? Talked to a couple other boaters and guys on shore, 2 small ones between them.
[signature]
It has been fairly good trolling small rapalas until last weekend. The amt of boat traffic sure dispersed them,
[signature]
Saw a few trout caught today. Big motor had power tilt pump problems- used the electric for a bit- about 40 5 to 8" perch.
[signature]
Hey thats awesome! When i was about 10 years old i went with some family members to hyrum and we caught a bunch of perch. ive always wanted to go back and replicate it but im really not sure what time of year it was or anything. Maybe ill have to drag the kids out and give it a try.
[signature]
I took the kids out yesterday evening, we were not able to find any perch but we caught a bunch of planter rainbows. The kids had a great time!
[signature]
Caught some planter trout trolling a fly the last 2 days- then anchored off the west side of the dock in the morning- 50 perch each day- sorting thru 80 to get 50 5 to 7" perch. Great for tacos, Smallest piece of worm possible on a 1/16 oz jig head,
[signature]
You try perch meat to weed out the dinks?

I usually will catch one for bait. use a bigger chunk of perch meat to keep the small ones off and catch keepers.

Works every time with less baiting of the hook.

fnf[cool]
[signature]
tried it- for some reason they are not hitting the perch meat consistently- always have gone that way- just not working right now.
[signature]
Found the 10" perch today
[signature]