Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for kitties
Sooooooo I have been up in Ogden now for a little while. I have been looking for a new place get my kitties. I Am a shore fisher and have had some but little success. I have a military friend coming in town would like to catch a few for the pellet grill. Can anyone help me find a good night spot? Have tried river by the bird refuge and a little in north marina on Willard. I used to fish Lb and Sandy beach When down that way and loved it. I am close to PV if there is good fishing for cat there?

So thanks in advance for any help....
[signature]
[#0000FF]You can catch bullhead cats in Pineview, but no channels.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Right now the cats in Willard are moving in closer to the rocks and you can often catch them with only a short cast.

[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Check the attached PDF file, with maps and suggestions.[/#0000FF]

[#0000FF]If you don't mind a hike, you can trudge out on the north side of the inlet channel and fish along the rocks on the east side of Willard. There is also a free access point just east of the feed lot if you check the maps. Good potential for wipers in that area too...if you soak some mussels.[/#0000FF]

[#0000FF]There is a dirt road (tank trail) out along the west dike that ends at the NW corner of the lake...at the light pole. Often good fishing on both sides of the bend. Soak baits with one rod and cast plastics or cranks with the other. Potential for walleyes or wipers along with the kitties.[/#0000FF]

[#0000FF]good luck.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF][/#0000FF]
[signature]
Like TD said. But if you are fishing off the rocks in any of those spots, be sure you have your "bait soaking" rod secured real good. Any large Wiper, Cat, or Carp cruising thru the spawning beds in there, if it hits your rod unsecured, I promise you, it will take that hook, line, sinker, and POLE for a fast ride out into the lake.

Saw a young lady last year, sitting on the rocks just east of the feed lot area, she had her pole just laying on the rocks, drag must have been locked down tight with the bail closed. I was less that 50 yards off the rocks in about 5 fow, heard her scream, and saw her pole actually sailing off the rocks and skim across the water about 10 yards before whatever grabbed her bait took that pole down under for a trip towards Brigham City.
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Dittos to both. And also remember that channel cats hit more than bait. I got my two the other day on a chatterbait and a diving crank. While you soak a bait (on a tethered rod!) make casts either way close to the rocks with lures. Hits will be memorable.
[signature]
I've been hooking a lot of edible size cats at the refuge. guess what TD would call cookie cutters
[signature]
There's Always Time For One More Cast