Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pimp My Ride 2.0 - Willard Tuesday evening and Wednesday Morning
Had a date in the Tubetorium for a couple tweeks on my new tube Monday morning. I didn't make it out to Willard for a rundown until Tuesday evening. Arrived at the south marina about 5 and caught my first wiper upon clearing the outlet and turning north. For the next hour the fish were hungry. Caught three wipers, four kitties and a bunch of those pesky SMB. About six the wind hit and blew hard out of the south. White caps were no problem. TD added a motor mount so I pushed right back to the marina. This morning, I made it back out to the marina about nine. In the next four hours I landed 4 more wipers, six or seven catfish and a grundle of bass. Kept one Wiper last night for tacos and the cats from both trips for the smoker. The rest were kissed on the lips and sent packing. As usual, dark Crystal Buggers did the job. All fish were caught between zero and 12 feet of water. Cruised the dike and bounced the fly off the rocks. TD - I think we've got the boat dialed in. I've got a couple minor changes to make but they shouldn't require a return visit. Thanks again for your help!
[signature]
Nice job Larry - but c'mon, no pic of your ride?

We plan to get out again Thursday, hopefully we'll do okay once again....
Thanks I have never commented on them before but always enjoy your reports.

Is it just me or does it seem like the SMB are making a rise at Willard? I just dont remember seeing as many reports of catching them as I have this year.

Looks like all healthy fish, good job.
[signature]
Yes yes yes... that's all I got.

Scott
[signature]
[#0000FF]Nice.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Looks like that new "sushi board" apron got a good workout.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Larry,
That sounds great!!! Going to head out there later today on the way home from work... Got the toon ready for it's maiden voyage... Hoping mine does as well as yours has... Probably should have had Pat help me tune it up, but we'll see how she does... Glad you found the fish, I got my wand ready for the trip, but I better find some buggers on the way out there... Thanks for the report... J
[signature]
TD, not sure how I lived without that big sushi board. It's kind of like your first hard drive. Didn't know you need it until you had it. Motor on the tube opened up much more territory. Wind to my back yesterday. Put it on the lowest setting and crawled along the dike. Without it I probably would have turned around and went home. Also makes a dang good rudder when drifting with a cross wind on your shoulder. Only bad part is not getting so much exercise. Might have to change my moniker from FATBIKER to TOO FATBIKER!
[signature]
[#0000FF]Once you become more familiar with the advantages and limitations of your motor you will open up new fishing horizons.
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]In the meantime, just enjoy the ability to beat your way back to the ramp against the wind.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]