Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2018 Catfish Contest catchinon
First cats ever! 5/16/18
Utah Lake
22.5"
11"
Caught on white bass cut bait.
Sorry about no certificate-couldn't find it to save my life! Will have next time.
Ok, added photo with placard.

[#00bf00]Nice job getting on the board... good for 22.5 and 11 points... [/#00bf00]
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

I see that you and Ahi have posted really small fish. What's the deal with that? Couldn't find anything in the rules, so just wondering. I wouldn't have included the little one as a serious entry otherwise.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

There is a side trophy in the contest for the smallest catfish too.
[signature]
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
Utah Lake
5/16/18
11.5"

Okay, I wasn't going to enter this one but I set a bunch of incremental goals and having three on the board is one of them. Knocks the heck out of my per-fish average, but puts me up a notch or two. Will be replaced soon anyway. I also wanted to try my old cell phone to see if it would be okay.

Guess it would help if I put the photo on. Duh!

[#00bf00]Nice got you at 11.5 points and like Bow nut told you we do have a traveling trophy for the smallest catfish caught and entered in the contest... So far I don't think folks are remembering that, so I'll mention in next update... Thanks J[/#00bf00]
[signature]

Utah Lake
5/26/18

Two more goals met: three decent fish on the board and 66 points. Ultimate goal: 100 points! It could happen.

[#00bf00]So I need you to post photo's full size so i can zoom in... Really hard to score these from that far away when I can't zoom in to check the measurements... But good for 23.5 and 20.5 points...[/#00bf00]
[signature]

So I see I've reached another goal: top 20. Upcoming: 70 points, 24" fish, top half, catch 10 fish. Just keeping track for myself.

6/14/18 Update Passed 70 points; 24.5" fish; caught 21 cats now and 11 in one trip; hovering just under top half; #21 of 41; #13 of 28 on South Team.

Goals: 75 points, 26" fish, top half, top 20 overall, top 10 among south team.
[signature]

6/8/18
Utah Lake

[#00bf00]Good for 24.5 points... nice job!!![/#00bf00]
[signature]

6/23/18
Utah Lake
Caught on cut white bass
25"
24"

[#00bf00]Good for 25 and 24 points... nice addition to the score... J[/#00bf00]
[signature]

Utah Lake
7/12/18
26.5"
25"

[#00bf00]Nice job, good for 26.5 and 25 points... J[/#00bf00]
[signature]

They keep getting better, keep it up!
[signature]
Thanks, I will.

Yeah, I plotted it out and extended the trend line. Looks like I won't get a 30 until September and end up with a 32 in October [Wink]. Okay, I know that the line curves and flattens, but it's fun to pretend. Anyway, I'll just keep on catchinon.
[signature]

Utah Lake
7/20/18
26.5"
Caught on shrimp/worm.

No, this is not the 26.5 that I caught before, though it was within 5 feet of where I caught that one. This one was a lot more torn up.

[#00bf00]Nice job on the fish, and great that you included the second shot, first photo I'd only given you 26, but the second photo shows the 26.5 so that's the score you earned... Nice job!!! J[/#00bf00]
[signature]

Nice ugly fish. Maybe we should petition Jeff to add a category to the contest next year -- biggest, smallest, and ugliest. We'd whup those norther guys with ease. I have never seen a northern fish that could match a southern fish for ugliness.

Keep 'em coming... purty or ugly.

BLK
[signature]
[#0000FF]Might even have a separate category for ugly fisherman. Too many likely candidates though. And who would do the judging?
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Utah Lake
8/8/18
26"
carplet

[#00bf00]Nice job getting another one on the board, good for 26 points... J[/#00bf00]

Looks like this one got run over by a boat.[shocked]
[signature]

Utah Lake
8/24/18
26.5"
White basslet You can see what we were fishing with in the bucket in the photo.

Jeff, I didn't notice how crappy the photo was until later--you should have seen the other one! Good thing I took two, but next time I'll check better.

[#00bf00]Nice job!!! Little fuzzy, but I can see the numbers so we're good at 26.5 points... That bump board looks familiar, were you out with IceSled???[/#00bf00]
[signature]

No, I was out with Pisco. I've gotten a lot of help from both those guys and I sure appreciate it.
[signature]

Utah Lake
9/20/18
29"

Was shooting for a 27, but missed high.

[#00bf00]Way to go Craig, good fish.... You guys are really putting me in a quandary... This just reaches the line, it doesn't cross any of the line at all and you have two hands stretching it straight, I know there are several fish that lone fisherman have tried to lay out that are bigger than this fish, that ended up being 28.5, but it does reach the line so by the rules I'll give you 29, but it's a minus, but so was Lynn's... BTW you shouldn't include those other two pictures, they just made it harder for me to give you the 29 that the picture shows... Still a great fish though... congrats...[/#00bf00]
[signature]

I knew it would be a tough call for you. I have to learn to check my photos better in the field; those three pics are 1/10th second apart and we both saw the tail cross the line while it was moving around. Like I said, I'll do better next time. Thanks for all you do.
[signature]

Utah Lake
9/27/18
28"
29.5"
[#00bf00]Wow nice trip, double bump.... hard to do this time of year... good for 29.5 and 28 points... nice job!!! [/#00bf00]
[signature]