Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
anyone want to fish the gorge with me next weekend?
My wife finally expressed she does not really want to go with me next weekend, so I am hoping to find someone who wants to go fill their limit of kokes and laker pups. We will be leaving Thursday and returning Tuesday with a reservation to stay at Lucerne campground in loop D, we have a Springbar tent with cots so expect to sleep well. I will be bringing a food sealer and our portable freezer that holds about 14 pounds of fillets. Our boat is a 20 foot Lund with all of the toys, I usually spend 8-10 hours on the water per day unless we get lucky early. Message me if you are available and wish to split costs for a great weekend of fishing. No smoking or drinking on the boat, I try not to curse but have been known to let a few words slip under my breath when losing a fish.
[signature]
I will be bringing some elk burger and steaks in case anyone needs some incentive!
[signature]
That's one sweet offer. I'd be raising my hand n jumping up n down saying me, me, me but alas I'm booked. My silly brother decided to close on a new house and managed to conscript my services to help him move over memorial weekend. What a thoughtful younger brother I have.
[signature]
Any takers?
[signature]
Would love the chance for some Koke fillets.
Unfortunately no vacation time or fun money available.
Hope you find someone and enjoy your trip.
[signature]
Bryce Lowder
I do what the voices in my wife's head tell me to.
Fish_hntr if you are heading up to Lucerne for the weekend i would head north to the Buckboard area, that is where you need to be the Kokes are killing it up there, and the Pups are feeding right below. They are in about 80 Foot of water along the channel, not up on the 40 flat. They are suspended from 5 to 35 foot level and then the pups are 50 to 80 foot. I fished the past 5 days down around Lucerne and if you JIG then you are in for about 1 and half hours then the bite is off but in the evenings the Kokes are running in the pipeline. Good luck to you and hope you do good.
[signature]
Were you fishing the tournament, if so how did you do?
[signature]
I am going to the Gorge in my boat, and would love to stop by and eat one of your elk burgers! Let me know what day that will be!! I will be in loop A, A05, look me up! Also out there in the only Warrior boat that I know of on the water. Look forward to meeting you and trading some fishing stories. I wont have the extravagant feast you have, hot dogs and burgers, but if you want to stop by for one, or a beverage or something, you are more than welcome.

[fishon]
[signature]
[quote WesternWalker]Fish_hntr if you are heading up to Lucerne for the weekend i would head north to the Buckboard area, that is where you need to be the Kokes are killing it up there, and the Pups are feeding right below. They are in about 80 Foot of water along the channel, not up on the 40 flat. They are suspended from 5 to 35 foot level and then the pups are 50 to 80 foot. I fished the past 5 days down around Lucerne and if you JIG then you are in for about 1 and half hours then the bite is off but in the evenings the Kokes are running in the pipeline. Good luck to you and hope you do good.

[/quote]

I will be running solo Thursday afternoon and Friday morning, so I will likely fish closer to Lucerne. But Friday afternoon to Monday I have a co-worker joining me and will likely head to buckboard. Did you jig much or just troll? I am set up for both but usually jig when I'm by myself.
[signature]
No i fished three days before to find out how the fishing was, and decided to save my 200.00 dollars and sleep in while all the boats raced out at 5:30 AM. Had friends that was in it and they did good for Kokes but not so good for Lakers, some Pups nothing with size found by them.
[signature]
We are staying at Buckboard but wont be arriving until sat. night.
[signature]