Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tiger help
Can anyone tell a me a good place to catch tiger trout that is close to Utah County? I've checked stocking reports and haven't seen where any Utah County water has received any tigers. Ranging a little farther afield, out of the many times I have fished Scofield I have never caught a tiger (I guess they don't reproduce very well there[Wink]); I've ice fished Huntington twice and caught zip. I could try Currant Creek or some of the little lakes on the Wasatch Plateau but I don't know if those are really prime places or just "you might catch." If you know a fairly certain place, please let me know. I would really appreciate it.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Go to Current Creek. My experience there is about a fourth of your catch will be tigers. Nothing super sized but mid teens is okay.
[signature]
Thanks, stan. I know it's a great mixed-bag lake and I'm encouraged to hear that the tigers make up a fourth of the catch.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

The biggest tiger I've ever seen was in Currant Creek Reservoir, about 4 or 5 years ago. There are absolute hogs in there. CCR is not a great place to fish from shore in the summertime though. Lots of weeds around the shoreline unless you hike some distance along the shoreline on the steeper side.

If you actually do that hike (around mid-lake is where the weeds break), the fishing can be really good. Fish are on the bottom and usually pretty bitey.

Use shiners as bait on one rod and you might find some of the bigger tigers or cutts.
[signature]
You should go to Mammoth up Fairview Canyon. I always like using kastmasters, Krokidile in orange with holographic sticker in chrome, or a number 11 x rap in blue and white
[signature]
Thanks for being so specific LOAH and Lipnrip. You guys are the best.
[signature]

I have always caught lots of tigers out of Vernon. Great success on silver Kastmaster
or a Gold with red dot jakes lure. Have not been out this year due to health reasons so dont know bout the currant situation
[signature]