Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake sucker spawn
Just a heads up guys. As of today the suckers at bear lake have started their spawn. They are coming up to the outer edges of the rocks at the Bear Lake State Park marina. My boy ran down to catch a few for bait and actually caught one by hand.

If anybody needs some top notch catfish and lake trout bait then this is the time to take advantage of it up here. Use a cast net or use a rod and reel for them, but it will only last for about two weeks max.

Mike

P.S. I edited my post to remove any reference to snagging the suckers. Use your own judgment in regard to how you will catch them on a rod and reel.
[signature]
Thanks Mike, very good reason to get up there soon. Have the cutts started their spawn? or is it over all ready?
[signature]
No idea Curt, but I am assuming that it has already started or happened. I never go after the cutts during the spawn because I'm usually really busy with other things in spring.

Mike
[signature]
I was hopping it might be over by now, just wasn't sure.
[signature]
Thanks Mike, you were right on in your timing, now I hope I can get over there and catch a few... Thanks for the heads up...J
[signature]
Curt,
The cutts are about in the middle of the spawn. This week will be our third week of taking eggs with three more weeks to go. We will be done about mid-June.
Scott
[signature]
OK, thanks Scott. Guess if I make it up there for the suckers, I can always fish for macks.
[signature]