Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry 5/22
Even with the threat of rain, which came about 1 o'clock, we hit strawberry. Trolled for 4 hours. One fish on and lost. Lots on sonar and the down riggergoing right threw then. Fish up high and some down at 25 feet. Did give up to catch 4 cuts one big rainbow. He came home for cleaning. No cleaning station. And bathrooms locked. So why did I pay a fee?
[signature]
So why did I pay a fee?

-------------------------------------------------------------

I say that to
I buy a year pass so it does not matter to me.

in the fall when they lock the bath rooms
you stop paying
[signature]
Strawberry is not state, my yearly pass, not good.
[signature]
One of my biggest pet peeves. I wouldn't be bothered at all if they kept things maintained well, restrooms usable, and trash dumped. But I've been there so many times when the trash is over-flowing, restrooms wrecked and not able to use the fish cleaning station. Seems like no good reason to contribute to the continued wasting of our amazing resources by paying the fee.
[signature]
How much for a year pass at Strawberry?
Is it good for one year from the date of purchase?
I just bought a year pass last week at Strawberry. I believe that it is run by American Land and Leisure and was $90. I don’t remember off hand if it was for the calendar year or from date of purchase. My gut is leaning towards calendar year. It is a small yellow tag. I’m thinking about laminating it somehow.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]Strawberry/Soldier Creek are Federal and managed/run by AL&L. NONE of the Federal Passes work there for day use/boat launch while AL&L is open for business there (usually May through early October). According to AL&L this morning (spoke to AL&L HQ on the phone this AM), AL&L is open for business up there now. So I can't say why the bathrooms weren't open and functioning. Not sure they have any responsibility for the cleaning station; didn't ask.[/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]
[/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]Fees on the AL&L website are from 2016 and are incorrect. The annual boat launch only fee for Strawberry is still $90. However, the combination day use/boat launch fee is now $155 vs. $135 in 2016. The combination pass can also be used to launch at Pineview. If you buy the annual pass at Pineview (only one pass available at $155), then you can also use it at Strawberry/SC.[/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
So are the Utah State Parks Special Fun Tags still accepted there?
[signature]
[quote fish_hntr]So are the Utah State Parks Special Fun Tags still accepted there?[/quote]

At Strawberry? They never have been. Never will.

[red]⫸[/red][orange]<{[/orange][yellow]{{[/yellow][green]{{[/green][size 4][blue]⦇[/blue][/size][blue]°[/blue][#8000FF]>[/#8000FF]
[signature]
[quote Fishrmn][quote fish_hntr]So are the Utah State Parks Special Fun Tags still accepted there?[/quote]

[red]⫸[/red][orange]<{[/orange][yellow]{{[/yellow][green]{{[/green][size 4][blue]⦇[/blue][/size][blue]°[/blue][#8000ff]>[/#8000ff][/quote]

Maybe I was confusing it with my Access Pass, nevermind.
[signature]
Thanks for the clarification dubob. I wish the attendant at the fee station would of explained it this way because I was under the impression that the $90 pass would also work at Pineview...😡 I will have to go talk with them and see if I can upgrade. Thanks
[signature]
I bot mine from a camp host
she told me $155 for both pine and strawberry
and $105 for just Strawberry.
[signature]
[quote fish_hntr][quote Fishrmn][quote fish_hntr]So are the Utah State Parks Special Fun Tags still accepted there?[/quote]

[red]⫸[/red][orange]<{[/orange][yellow]{{[/yellow][green]{{[/green][size 4][blue]⦇[/blue][/size][blue]°[/blue][#8000ff]>[/#8000ff][/quote]

Maybe I was confusing it with my Access Pass, nevermind.[/quote][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]I have a Golden Access Pass as well. At Pineview & Strawberry it will NOT work for day use/boat launch. But it will get you a 50% reduction in camping fees (but NOT for water, sewer, electrical hook-up fees). The same is true for almost ANY Federal recreation area being managed by a vender (AL&L is a vender). It sucks big time, I know. But it is what it is. [:/][/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
[quote liketrolling]I bot mine from a camp host
she told me $155 for both pine and strawberry
and $105 for just Strawberry.[/quote][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]And the AL&L agent I talked to at AL&L Hq this morning told me the Strawberry day use only tag is still $90. This would correlate with what silverslinger said he paid for his recently. The camp host you talked to must not have gotten the memo. [/#800000][/font][Wink]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
looks like I over paid by $15 I paid her $105, I paid with a check
the bad thing is I never fish P. V. and I have been paying over $150 every year (are what ever it was)
this year when I bought my pass is the first time I had heard about PV and strawberry together.
[signature]
[quote dubob][quote fish_hntr][quote Fishrmn][quote fish_hntr]So are the Utah State Parks Special Fun Tags still accepted there?[/quote]

Maybe I was confusing it with my Access Pass, nevermind.[/quote][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]I have a Golden Access Pass as well. At Pineview & Strawberry it will NOT work for day use/boat launch. But it will get you a 50% reduction in camping fees (but NOT for water, sewer, electrical hook-up fees). The same is true for almost ANY Federal recreation area being managed by a vender (AL&L is a vender). It sucks big time, I know. But it is what it is. [:/][/#800000][/font][/quote]

I launch for free at the gorge with my lifetime Access Pass every time I go, and save $8 per night on camping at Lucerne (federal managed by AL&L). I have only fished the berry once and never fished pineview so not too worried about there.
[signature]