Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starvation camping
I'm sure some of you are far more familiar with Starvation than I am. All we have ever done is just drove by. We are thinking of going this weekend.
Is there open camping anywhere near the lake or are there areas that we can boat in to camp?
Plus if we end up there any suggestions on what to fish with or where would help. Most times we fish for trout but enjoy walleye and perch so we are open to any help.
[signature]
plenty of camping by the lake ,rabbit gulch and Indian bay , but it will be packed this weekend
[signature]
I'll be in rabbit gultch, best place to camp to stay out of the wind. Black Chevy, black lund, stop over and say hi...I've attached a map...I'll be fishing for eyes and smallies but those nutcase trout are fun to catch as well...I should be somewhere near the red X...
[signature]
All the established sites are booked this weekend. Are there free primitive areas to camp in?
[signature]
[quote TiteLines]All the established sites are booked this weekend. Are there free primitive areas to camp in?[/quote][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]Free primitive areas to camp in? In Utah? Surely you jest![/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][Image: KOnNwEt.jpg][/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]Sorry - I couldn't resist. [Wink][/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]Seriously, if you want to camp/fish at ANY popular area in Utah, you will have to make reservations WEEKS in advance. I usually start making mine the week the window opens - like 16 weeks in advance. And even then, I've found my preferred site number already taken if I'm just a couple hours late (usually opens at 8 AM on the first day). Good luck if you end up going.[/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
No kidding. I bet if you drove by there today, all the "free" sites would already be filled. By Friday, there won't be a square foot of open area. It'll be nothing but boom boxes and beer cans.
[signature]
If you stay in rabbit gulch and want to try for some eyes, go up to the point and vertical jig red lead head and half a crawler. There’s usually a good school of walleyes around there.
[signature]
Hey your X is on my tent, talked to you last year out there, hopefully the fishing will be better this year, as far as the wind I dont think there is place to get out of it.
[signature]
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
Lol...darn it...last yr treated me pretty good boated 30+ eyes, and countless smallies. I'll see ya there, I'm sure we can rattle a few in this yr...
[signature]
[quote TiteLines]All the established sites are booked this weekend. Are there free primitive areas to camp in?[/quote]

There are no free areas within state parks. You pay to enter. The Forests (Wasatch and Ashley National Forests) have dispersed/primitive camping areas that are free and require no reservations.
[signature]
Will try and find you.
[signature]
I'm thinking most everywhere will be, but we do what we can. Another 6 or 8 months and we will be able to go whenever we want.
[signature]
This is what we prefer.
[signature]
I'll be out there as well but camped up the road. Hopefully the fish are more active then they were 3 weeks ago.
[signature]