Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Incredible High water.
Headed out today even though I know rainy weather hurt bass fishing. Some things you just have to do. LOL Water was the highest I've seen in the river, Dodging tree trunks every where. Went to my spot and just got one dink to bite, Decided to go down river below the ramp to scout it out. Found some steep drop offs that may be productive when this water drops. Eagle and hawks flying every where but nothing in their claws. Plenty of snakes swimming around as well. I'll wait for a run of sunny days and lower water before I head out again. Anyone else out there chasing cats or Lg Mouth???
[signature]
Thanks for the report Gregg, too bad the catching was so slow, hope it improves soon.
[signature]
Hey Gregg been a while, have you been getting out lately or is that new place keeping you too busy for some fishing?
[signature]
River was high then chocolate brown. Took the boat down and the local ramp and the dock was out of the water due to low level. Shhh can'y win. I did drive down near my old house to put in. Nothing until 11:00 when I stated to get bites on cat fish. Pulled in a 8.4 channel using chicken skin soaked with the livers. Nice meal from that. Hope to get out later this week for another try. Lg mouth bass time for me here in NC. I hope. lol
[signature]
Wow, that's a good catfish, good luck with the LM bass.
[signature]