Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UL Outlet
I may have the opportunity to shore fish Utah Lake this Saturday. Is there a good chance of catching any bass or carfish at that little park at the outlet?
[signature]
[#0000FF]A lot depends upon how much water they are releasing through the roll gates. If the flow is too high the fishing will be poor. Just right and there are white bass, walleye and catfish all for the taking.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Be prepared to make at least a hundred new best friends. When the flows are right and the fish are in you will have a lot of company.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Here is some more info and maps to help.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Thank you.
[signature]
That little park is Inlet Park. My recommendation would be to fish the lake side of the gates, or south of the park. I would anticipate cats to be active, not sure on the WB.
[signature]
I would agree with Ratnest. I fished that area several time last year in May and June with the local urban fishing program. We got channels every evening, but they were usually right next to the reeds. Most ofthe fish came no more than 90 minutes before sunset on cut white bass.

Good luck.
[signature]
The roll gates are all closed right now so white bass fishing wont be great by the gates. Move downstream to where the current from the pumphouse meets that arm and you should find some willing cats and possibly some white bass. There is a parking area north of the one by the roll gates. Park there.
[signature]
Thanks everyone for the tips.
[signature]
The state park is open and the fishing is good. I just got back from there. On the southwest corner of the river, I was reeling WB in after every cast.
[signature]