Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kokanee Fishing Strawberry 5/25/2018
First Post for me, I have gained a lot about Kokanee fishing, from reading member posts. I spent the past 2 days at Strawberry Fishing. We limited out on Kokanee largest 19 inches smallest 15 Inches. I used a silver and pink dodger and a double glow pink squid with a pink Smiley blade. We found most of our fish in Strawberry Bay at 20 to 25 feet. I found that the fish were not hitting the squid very hard. I was using velocity poles and still had a difficult time detecting strikes. Usually they will pull the lure from the release or the pole would bounce up and down, but these fish would hardly tap the lure. I could barely notice a slight bounce and set the hook, I was often shocked that there was a koke on the other end. I wonder if any of you found the same thing this week.
[signature]
Welcome to the site Kidney. I read your other post on the Utah board, sounds a little confusing between the two but if the kokes are not causing the release to let go, I'd try not to put the lines in the release so deep, just put it at the tip of the release. If you are getting hits and they are not getting hooked, not much you can do about that but I've got a question, are you using any sort of bait or are you tipping your hooks with anything? I usually tip my hooks with Gulp maggots.
WH2
[signature]