Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cat scratch fever
Took my step son out to Willard for a couple hours this afternoon. He'd never caught a catfish and wanted to scratch that off his list. I think we mighta spoiled him with this first ever Kitty. So here's my question, how big does a catfish need to be to justify calling it a Tom Cat instead of a Kitty? This one is 25" and 6lbs. Not a monster but a nice fish. Kept 3 of the 5 Cats and a bonus smallie we caught for our memorial day supper. Fun couple a hours on the water.
[signature]
[#0000FF]You can call your cat Tom, Bob, George or whatever you want. It is a nice cat from Willard. The felines in that lake have been getting bigger the past couple of years...with the decline in food competition that has resulted from fewer hungry mouths (wiper and walleye).[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]In the years before wipers it was not unusual to catch cats over 10 pounds in Willard. But once the hungry horde of wipers joined the party catfish numbers and sizes dropped off noticeably. There were a few years when the average cat was barely a foot long.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]We of the cataholic persuasion are loving the bigger kitties.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Nice work.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Nice job!!! Looks like a good trip.... congrats... J
[signature]