Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry kokes
I'm going up to ststrawberry this weekend and going to be targeting kokanee, just wondering where I can find them. Is the strawberry side or soldier Creek side better right now? I tried for thethem last year jut didn't find any. Any help would be great.
Thanks
[signature]

I’ve always done better on the soldier creek side. I always launched at aspen grove ramp and headed for the shore across the lake and trolled in that area, you should see other boats around there also. Use your standard uv squids and dodgers, change colors to see what they want that day, some times they only want a certain color for that day.
[signature]
I’ve been fishing the strawberry side this year ( just north of the triangle) and have done well. I mostly use bead rigs (orange/yellow and orange/Chartres) in the mornings, and usually go to pink and pink/ purple beads in the afternoon. I’ve been catching most of my fish at shollower depths.
[signature]
I fished the Soldier Creek side on the 25th and hooked 5 Kokes and landed 4. The biggest one was 19". I also landed 1 Bow on the Koke set up. In addition I was trolling long line with dodgers and nightcrawlers and landed one more Bow and 12 Cutts.
Largest Cutt was 19". For the Kokes I was using a pink and white squid with a red florescent dodger and a light green and white squid with a green dodger. The Kokes were all between 20' and 25' feet down
Overall it was a good day on the Berry!!
[signature]
I was on the Strawberry side this a.m. The fog was incredibly thick until 9:30. I think, because of the fog, the bite was phenomenal. Didn't matter the color or the depth; however, I think the beaded spinners out performed the squids. Everything I used caught fish. I caught fish anywhere from 10 to 28 feet in depth. I think the bigger fish were deeper. The bad part, the best fishing was between 5:30 a.m. & 7:00 a.m. (I have to get moving at 3:30 a.m. to get there by 5:30). I had to work hard to keep one rod in the water at any given time during this period of time. Biggest fish was 20.5 inches & a lot 16 to 18 inchers.

Look for the squadron of boats east of the marina, chances are that's where the bite is happening.

Good luck!
[signature]
[quote OCF]

Look for the squadron of boats east of the marina, chances are that's where the bite is happening.

Good luck![/quote]
--------------------------------------------------------------------
When the fog cleared I looked over where I think you are talking about and saw about 12 boats, I was thinking some one must have run in to some one.

we got two big ones just letting the line out

One time I saw a school about 30' to the side of us, on my Humminbird 360 fishfinder
all 4 poles went off I think are dodgers pulled them in.
[signature]
We were there this morning also, however the wife did not want to risk going in the fog. We launched at 0930. Bite had slowed down, however we still managed 4 nice ones and a small one turned back. Also released several cutts and 1 lonely rainbow. It seemed to us the larger ones were a bit deeper as well. Great day.
[signature]