Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Wednesday Wepeat
Went back to Willard today, based on high winds forecast for Thursday. It was mirror calm almost all morning, and water temps right at 70°.

Crappie seem to have been replaced by largemouth bass in the north marina. Slurping up newly hatched fry, maybe? Two guys reported bass catches while trying for crappie there. I skipped the marina today and went straight back to the north dike where I had been wiping up on smallmouth. Today, they were far and few between, but did manage to get several "pounders" and even a couple of fat green sunfish. Released all.

Crappie and carp seem to be finished with their Spring Fling - or maybe it was just the full moon. Even the birds were having a vacation day. No diving, no pelican mobs, and the grebes were coming up empty-beaked.

On a positive note, the fish cleaning station is back up. Talked to a maintenance guy who said he stood there trying to tell some bozo not to stuff wipers in unless the motor was running. Bozo ignored that and stuffed 'em in anyway. Grrrruck- jammed. And then the bozo just left. Maintenance guy royally pizzed. But he cleared it, to his credit.
[signature]
Thanks for the report Rocky, wish I could have been there as well, but ya know someone has to keep the social security flowing... Sounded like a fun day... glad you found enough to keep you busy... Later J
[signature]
Quiet day for my first outing on the Bay this year, fished from 8 until noon, one hit bouncing which resulted in a 19 in eye. I will try again tomorrow, then back to Starvation next week.
[signature]
Those smallies sure have been fun this year.
[signature]