Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost pole at Willard Bay
Hello everyone i have been on here a lot figured it was time to start an account since i might need so help. I was fishing Willard this morning and i got my pole swiped by what i presume was a wiper. Anyways if any catches a pole in Willard Bay and would like to return it, it would be much appreciated. It was a ugly stick gx2 with a Penn battle 2 reel. Thanks in advance.
[signature]
welcome was you fishing on shore if you was it happens lot the wipers will pull it in fast if you are not watching i see it happen a lot same with a boat to i guess hope some can snag it back for you good luck
[signature]
Yea i was fishing out of the south Marina. I have heard it happens and i should have known better. It was just a slow morning and i got complacent.
[signature]
when there really biting its hard to use two poles i was casting one day and had one on the ground and in it went never got it back but some people do. they are strong.
[signature]
been there,done that[reply][/reply]
[signature]
Tough lesson, and the Wipers just seem to know when a pole isn't secured. Close to loosing one of mine a few years ago, and have seen poles fly off the bank when I was out in the water just a few yards away. Boy, that young lady knew some WORDS !!! [crazy]
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Welcome to the site Lowelowe, that happens all too often at Willard. One member caught three rods and reels either last year or the year before, so they do sometimes get found. Saw a guy lose one from the shore a few weeks back, we tried to snag it for him but no luck. Hopefully someone will catch yours.
[signature]