Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry 6/2
Fished out of the marina today. I prefer to fish during the week, and fishing today reminded me of why: the marina was packed.

I had some kids with me, so I wasn't able to have sustained focused fishing, but we had a good time and caught a few kokanee and cutthroats.

We could see a LOT of fish on the finder but we had to work pretty hard to get them to pay attention to our rigs. We had success around 25-30 feet using the downriggers. Moderate success with a side planer with lead core line (3 colors out).

Based on anecdotal observations of the fish cleaning station, there were plenty of boats finding some good success out there today.
[signature]
It will be busy on a Saturday for sure. I took a chance and hit the soldier creek side in hopes of finding fish but not as many boats. There were still lots of boats out there and at times it was a little confusion wondering what the other boaters were doing and where they were going to turn so I could stay clear of them. I am sure they were thinking the same about me too.

Plenty of fish to go around though. My kids loved reeling in the Kokes but the biggest fighter was a slot cut that looked like he had just ate a chub and had whipped our rig with his tail and got stuck. When you get them like that they will put up a fight you won't soon forget. Good luck
[signature]