Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Red Fleet!!!
My son and i decided to try our luck at Steineker but he invited a friend and he needed to rent a kayak so we went to Red Fleet where they rent them. Before they killed Red Fleet it was my favorite home water but I have had little success since. So I thought oh well this day is just for the boys I guess I'll live because the walleye are still small and Tube Dude has yet to give me a wiper tutorial.

Boy was I wrong about this fishing trip, I thought the boys would like catching yellow perch so I found the Honey hole a small cove that was about 13 feet deep except for one area that was 17- 20 feet. I anchored my Skykomish sunrise from Dave Scadden and tied a boy to each side of me (pretty brave ain't i). We in the next 3 hours we caught roughly 200 perch kept about 50 for dinner on anything that hit the water. They ran pretty small so we kept the biggest. The Dwr is asking fisherman to keep a limit.

The fun had just began when I got a monster hit and was shocked to catch my first ever wiper he was only about 10 inches but oh boy I can't wait till they grow a little, they fight like a fish twice their size. Now I know what all the hoopla is all about what a great fish.

In all we netted 12 wipers kept 3 I have never tried them, a grundle of perch and about a dozen crappie. We released all the crappie because the dnr has asked us to.

After arriving home I spent the next hour and a half cleaning fish. The boys were chomping at the bit to try some so I got the fry daddy going and cooked a few fillets, wipers were excellent but the yellow perch were fantastic. Red Fleet is on it's way back and thank the Lord no slimmers today. Sorry for the lack of pix will do better next time.
[signature]
Thanks for the report, sounds encouraging.
[signature]