Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smith and Morehouse Info
Has anyone fished S&MH lately? Wondering when kokes will be catchable.
[signature]
They planted them about 4 years ago so if they survived they're in there. It's one of the few that also has grayling in it as well.
[signature]
Hey Scott, if you make it up there, please let us know how you do. I've always wanted to fish that lake and now that I know there are kokes in there, there's even a better reason to give it a try.
[signature]

I was up there about a week ago. I fished it from both a float tube and from shore. I was out on the float tube until the wind pushed me off. I used various leeches and buggers and did okay. The rod was heavy for the size of fish though. I had a hard time even detecting the bites. After getting off the water, I did some shore fishing and that was about the same. About 10 rainbows, all small planters. It was beautiful up there, but BUSY. The amount of people up there is why I left. I would definitely recommend going up on a weekday if you decide to. Good luck.
[signature]
I fished up there 18 and 20 of May before Memorial Day. The first day I caught twelve trout, two grayling and one koke(total 15). All were 12-16 inches. Only fished about 2 1/2 hours. Pretty quick fishing and between 2:30-5pm. The koke was around 13. Second day caught 7 trout, it was slower, fished around 1 1/2 hours in the afternoon again. Used only worms both days.
[signature]
[quote campingfoool]I fished up there 18 and 20 of May before Memorial Day. The first day I caught twelve trout, two grayling and one koke(total 15). All were 12-16 inches. Only fished about 2 1/2 hours. Pretty quick fishing and between 2:30-5pm. The koke was around 13. Second day caught 7 trout, it was slower, fished around 1 1/2 hours in the afternoon again. Used only worms both days.[/quote]

Do they have a dock in?
[signature]
Anyone know if they have a dock in?
[signature]
I don't think they ever put a dock in but I could be wrong. I haven't fished it this year but I don't remember seeing one last year when I fished it in my boat.
[signature]
[quote lovetofish]I don't think they ever put a dock in but I could be wrong. I haven't fished it this year but I don't remember seeing one last year when I fished it in my boat.[/quote]

Do you recall if there is a sandy area to beach a boat to load/unload people?
[signature]
Hey Scott, did you decide to give Smith and Morehouse a try?
[signature]
[quote wiperhunter2]Hey Scott, did you decide to give Smith and Morehouse a try?[/quote]

We are going up tomorrow for the day, will post the results after.
[signature]
No. I have an uncle living up that way and we were going together but his ford broke down and couldn't go, so we loaded the Tundra and hit Strawberry to get my but handed to me. We only landed 2 delishous small kokes. A lot of slot cuts so ok day but really were targeting the kokes.
[signature]
Great looking forward to reading your report, I really want to give that place a try this year.
[signature]
Nice spots on that Cutt Scott, too bad the koke catching was so slow, hope it improves soon. Were you and Cutty Buddy at the Berry today?
[signature]
[quote lovetofish]I don't think they ever put a dock in but I could be wrong. I haven't fished it this year but I don't remember seeing one last year when I fished it in my boat.[/quote][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]You are correct; there is NO dock at S&M. Just a ramp and rocky shoreline. Scroll down through the pictures at this [url "https://www.google.com/maps/place/Smith+and+Morehouse+Reservoir/@40.7552864,-111.1033743,3a,75y,90t/data=!3m8!1e2!3m6!1sAF1QipMbCOhcm55At5GaADiFtRl8Vl6O3pPQESIyPA7w!2e10!3e12!6shttps:%2F%2Flh5.googleusercontent.com%2Fp%2FAF1QipMbCOhcm55At5GaADiFtRl8Vl6O3pPQESIyPA7w%3Dw203-h152-k-no!7i4160!8i3120!4m5!3m4!1s0x87521d6667faa2e7:0xcc5a3e4cae58129e!8m2!3d40.7599494!4d-111.1041635"]link[/url] and you can see what the ramp looks like.[/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
I've never caught a grayling and that's on my bucket list. It looks like worms will work. Any other hints on how to catch them?
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.