Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Geezer
Some of you may know but this past week we lost one of our BFT members. Tom Robison aka Geezer. Tom passed away this week after a battle with cancer. Those that knew Tom will remember a guy that was loud but had a heart of gold. He was generous almost to a fault. He was a fun guy to fish with or just sit and talk. I will miss him. Rest in peace my friend.
[signature]
Thanks for passing that info on, I wasn't aware of it. Sad to lose a good friend, but hopefully he will be trying the new waters on the other side... Condolences to the family... J
[signature]
[#0000FF]Thanks for passing the info along, Brent. I too knew Tom well and counted him among my friends and fishing buddies. I know he really helped a lot of BFT members when they had boat or auto problems that required good old fashioned know how.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Really sorry to hear that. Tom was one of the most generous guys I ever met. He towed my boat home from Heber City after I tried to float my Suburban.

Later, he offered to loan me his boat when mine was in the shop for several weeks. I declined the generous offer, but I was most appreciative.
[signature]
Tom was always willing to lend a hand, not only did he frequently help out folks that needed a little he also spent much of his free time going to nursing homes with his guitar and playing and singing for some folks who are pretty much shut ins.
[signature]
Tom always admired your ability to turn a basket of catfish into a plate of nice fillets in relatively short time compared to most of us. He frequently said Tube Dude knows his way around a fillet knife.
[signature]
Well this is Sad news, Tom was a great guy that helped a lot of us here on BFT, he will be missed. Thanks for the heads up.
[signature]
Tom helped me with some outboard issues I was having a few years back. Super nice guy that lend his time to someone he didn't even know. I'm sorry to hear that he passed on. I've heard the fishing is better on the other side.
[signature]
With Tom being on the other side I hope he doesn't mind me sharing one of his secrets. There was a young lady on here (she still frequents the site occasionally) who wanted to get into small engine repair but had no money for tools. Tom purchased the necessary tools and had me drop them off to her without revealing who had purchased them for her. When she made a post, expressing appreciation for the tools she had been given, he volunteered to meet with her and teach her how to make repairs to small engines.
[signature]
I remember that occasion also. Tom was great with things that needed fixin along with a generous heart, I had issues with an Ice Auger and we talked on the phone as he walked me through a might work and it did. Haven,t had a problem since then. I worked with Tom at the Kennecott Smelter and there would be dozens of other stories people could come up with about Toms generosity.
[signature]
Sounds like we lost a good one. I only knew him here, but his posts reflected what is being said about him here.
[signature]
[Sad] ... *bawls*
He's one of my favorite BFT people!
[signature]