Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lincoln carp
Took a quick trip out to Lincoln this a.m. to shoot a couple of carp for tomorrows cat chase. The channel was lousy with them but they were a bit gun shy... had to put on a stalk to get off a shot. Shot a couple there with my .22 and then moved on around to Mulberry... JUST JOSHIN' YA'LL, I was using my bow.

Tons of carp at Mulberry and they were thrashing all over the shore line. Only bad thing about shooting there is the rocky bottom. I tried to shoot at carp that were ten feet or so out in the water so the impact of my missed (many) shots did not hit the rocks. Shot a couple of sows with football sized egg sacks. Shot 'em up and was back home by 7:00.

Ennyway, for sport or bait, the carp are there for the taking.

BLK
[signature]
[#0000FF]How were the carp omelettes for breakfast?[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Good on ya for helpin' the Junies.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
You are going out tomorrow???? on Free Fishing Day!!!!

It is interesting how the "thrashing" moves from place to place around the lake.

I was up in Goshen last time I went out and never saw any thrashing.
[signature]
[#0000FF]I think you responded to me...and not to BLK. And I also think you wandered in a day late. His post was on the 7th...indicating he would be going fishing today...not on "amateur day" (Saturday).[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Land o' Goshen. Some people.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Right on both counts, as usual. I'm a bit short on sleep this week[Wink]

I specifically looked at the date of his post and when I saw June 7, I said: "that's today, he can't be going out tomorrow." Sleep deprivation does funny things to you.
[signature]
"Sleep deprivation does funny things to you."

[#0000FF]Careful. They gonna revoke your fishing license. You cain't be no fisherman unless you are okay with sacrificing some sleep now and then.[/#0000FF]
[signature]
[quote Boatloadakids]
Only bad thing about shooting there is the rocky bottom. I tried to shoot at carp that were ten feet or so out in the water so the impact of my missed (many) shots did not hit the rocks.
BLK[/quote]

No joke! Rocky bottoms suck.

One of the things I like about shooting recurves and longbows is that I can use a half draw and floating anchor on close shots just like this. Helpful for things like fish and frogs.
[signature]
Thanks for the waring. There are some things I can do "almost in my sleep," reading and typing aren't on the list.

I was even worse off on Saturday, but I went out on "Amateur Day" anyway. Everyone must have gone to the Berry and the Bay. There were fewer trailers in the lot at Lincoln than a normal summer Saturday.
[signature]