Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry with kids
three 10 year old kids live by me I told them if they can get there dads to take a day off work I would take them fishing
so they did one does not have a dad.
told them they had to be at my house at 4am they made it.
we had 6 in the boat 3 kids
I told them if they broke any thing ?????????**#@
we let them reel all the fish in and net them, the only time I took the net was when I had to get 3 kokes in the net at the same time
it took us till 10:30 to get all 6 limits

at first they would get 1 koke in and miss 5 then they got pretty good at it

I told them seeing how much fun we had you kids will make your dad buy a boat

Downriggers were between 15 and 35 feet down
as it warms up the kokes go deeper. you can see them on the fishfinder

if we went 20 min with out getting a bite on a pole we would change setups.
we had 5 lines out.
it is a good thing they did not get all the kokes in the boat are we would have had to come home by 8AM
I think we only got 10 cutthroats they all go back in the water.
[signature]
You’re a real champion for taking those boys fishing. They will remember that day for the rest of their lives. Well done!
[signature]
Way to go Robert!!!
I bet they had a blast.
[signature]
You must eat alot of kokanee Robert. How do you like to prepare tbem? I like them on the grill or in the smoker.
[signature]
Robert, you will be blessed for your kind deed.
[signature]
Strong work Robert! I'm sure those kids had a blast! Heck I felt like a kid fishing on your boat.
[signature]
one thing that felt good was they told me thanks about 5 times.
[signature]
that's the best feeling in the world .great job
[signature]
Good Job! Every time I looked over at your boat, you guys were pulling in fish! You definitely have the fishing figured out. That will be a lifetime memory for those boys.

We had our limits by 9:00 a.m. but seemed to be working harder to get them. The fish were smaller this trip for us. Our biggest this week were our smallest last week.

I could not believe the number of boats that had launched prior to 5:30 a.m. - the parking lot appeared to be 1/2 full! This kokanee fishing is getting crazy!
[signature]
Sorry I missed you Robert, kids can be a blast once you get their attention span to focus especially when they learn how to use equipment with the follow up of respect for it. I too was out there on the water, I met up with a couple of friends(us older kids)that just arrived Friday night from Northern Calif on the Berry side for what is there first Strawberry experience on Saturday. We had a mix catch of cutts & kokes, all cutts were in the slot but managed to bring home my limit of descent 2 1/2-3lb kokes. We fished up to about 1pm and then there was the big "W" that started up. The launch ramp was hectic with a full parking lot with folks coming and going. If my friends didn't come in I would have avoided this place like the plaque and do my weekday visit only. A one night stay & one day of fishing on the Berry they departed for a week of Gorge style.
[signature]