Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fun Day at Strawberry
While staying for a few days at Starvation the wife and I decided yesterday to take our niece Kaitlyn and our youngest daughter Michelle,who drove down to spend a couple days with us, to Soldier Creek for some Kokanee fishing. The wife and I hadn't fished it for a couple years so we decided to see if we could still manage a few kokanee for the gals. Got on the water about 8 AM or so and came off around 2PM the gals had a great time and we ended up catching our limits of kokanee and tossed some slime rockets back. Kaitlyn had just recently lost her dad back in April and she had never fished for kokanee and actually thought it was boring until she tied into her first larger koke of about 18 inches and saw a great areal display before it was finally in the net. I think she was pretty exited for a 10 year old and wants to go again. Used the traditional lures of sling blades and squids.
[signature]
Great jobs getting the kids involved.
Hey - good job with those girls--well, and the fish too....days they'll never forget....hope to be there again early next week....hope there's 1 left!....Guluk...
[signature]
Thanks Joe, I also wanted to see if I could still put some fish in the boat, as I will be taking some fellow DAV'S out in couple weeks for a morning's fishing up there.
[signature]