Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stupid is as Stupid does!!
I just may be the dumbest person in all of the State of Utah. Jacob and I decided to go to Pelican Lake, I knew better the wind was blowing too hard. But being stupid we went anyway putting in on the North end at the channel launch. We should have stayed in the channel because when we hit the main Lake we got blown away like a fart in the wind. We ended up on the east end of Pelican because of a 30 mile an hour west wind.

It took us 3 and a half hours with my trolling motor on it's highest speed and 2 deep cycle batteries while using my oars at the same time all the while towing Little fish fanatic. A couple of 40 mile gusts an 3 foot waves an the giggling began my son thought this was like white water rafting.

By the time we made our way back to the channel and the truck my shoulders felt like I had been been knocked to the ground and had somebody put the boots to me. I think I may have preferred that to what I went through. Maybe next time I will listen to that little voice and not give in to my fishing addiction or as my Wife would say serves you right for fishing on a Sunday.
[signature]
Had a day like that on the ice out there this last winter. I have a flip over tent that's mounted to a sled. When the wind hit I had to put my heels in the holes to keep it in place. Got it tore down and everything stowed away and when I got up to go help my friend get his tent down the wind blew mine all the way to the shoreline. Thankfully it was next to where the truck was parked.

Glad everything turned ok for you two.
[signature]
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
Everything turned out fi e except for the $200 St. Croix rod that my son lost overboard during the ordeal.
[signature]